Hi EveryoneJust upgraded to 2004.5 last night and when loading the weather, I am receiving an "ERROR DUE TO COMPRESSION" message. When I click onto this box the program then will update the weather.One other problem I am presently in Cleveland it is 11:00 EDT and we are -4 Hrs behind Universal time but the weather indicates 1505055Z.I have refreshed the weather several times with the same results.Any assistance would be helpfull, possibly I do not have the preferences set properly.Tks. for any assistance.Kenny G.

Guest Erups

I've seen the compression error too (twice for me too) and i am too many hours behind ZULU time.I have wx 1350Z and it currently is 1605Z.

Tks. for the reply at least I am not the only one with this problem. I did however fix the zulu time, I went to the options page and saved my options and it appears the time is set correctly -4 hrs.I am wondering if this compression error is due to the numerous weather stations that are loaded when initializing the weather.It appears that this program downloads more weather stations then required.Just a thought, I am not very puter literate.LOL:)Will wait and see if there is a solution to our problem.Kenny G.

HiI'm also tried with reinstalling AS, but without sucess.I'm having one more error. If I try to download archive file for example year:2004, month:10, day:14,hour:18, I'm geting this error:"Invalid weather file folder...Please set valid folder before continuing"Can You confirm also this error.ThanksEdin

Guest Popart

Thank God there's this forum....;) I thought I was going crazy, but I also get this "compression error" after every weather download.Damian, Jim....any thoughts?

HiI checked with B142.It doesn't work.Now I can't download any file :-(Probablly something wrong with serverEdin

I am not having these probs with download weather saves as described.FWIW, after every update release, the options revert to defaults so you have to set them up again including your download folder selections and save the options.That being said, I just tried it and got the error. I noticed that Internet data flow was not continuous and the active file date was wrong.It could be a server side problem (I was definitely connected as shown by my firewall logs and not blocked).I am pretty sure I have downloaded after the upgrade a couple of days ago and it was OK so this may be server side related.

Hi All,I will just respond to everyone at once. This looks to be a server problem. I don't know if Damian was working on the server or not. I just tried a current download and an archived download and had no trouble, but both were very slow. Not sure if this is due to Friday Closing Time Internet traffic or the server. I'll be flying tonight, so I will personally watch this issue. If it continues, I can call or e-mail Damian if things do not improve. I hope this helps! Server issues have been very rare since we started last December!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi all,Network issues being worked on, please see the sticky thread I have posted. Sorry for this inconvencience and thank you for your patience!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies