I have just install Build 146 and come up with a problem. I cannot use the import plan in the flight plan entry screen. AS2004 locks up for about 5 minutes when the dialog box to open a file comes up everything has slowwwwwed down. It appears that AS2004 is process something in the background and sucking up the CPU Usage 80-100%. The mouse movement is very slow.Windows Task Manager says the application is not responding there are (2) activesky2004 programs in the dialog box.As soon as I select the file the CPU usage drops and everthing goes back to normal.OS XP Professional SP2Regards,Andrew.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Andrew,This is a basic activex module call for file browse. I have seen this "slow" effect before with networking problems, including drive mappings that are active but unable to connect. Are you using this on a network? How fast is your browse via standard windows explorer?I just checked on my Win98, XP SP2, and XP no update and cannot replicate any such problems. Have you defragged lately? Might be worth a shot. Please keep us updated, let us know if this helps at all.. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest AndrewBr

Damian,I am using AS2004 on a network with WideFS. Have had this setup for over 12 months. All working fine. The browse via standard windows explorer is normal. Both machines are using XP SP2. The network works fine with access to all map drives. I am using Flight Keeper which access the same directory as AS2004 for the .pln file without any problem. I will uninstall and and start again using build 146.Any other suggestions?Regards,Andrew.

Hi Andrew,A re-install may do the trick. Maybe the saved default plan folder path (which is in as2004.ini) is problematic. A re-install will reset this, or you can try to manually edit it (try making it a local folder temporarily to see if it re-connect without problems). Does this help?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,Instead of reinstalling the entire program I decided to install the final patch 147. Surprise surprise!! everthing is working fine. I thing it had something to do with the firewalls between the computers rather than the program. Thanks for your help and a great program.Regards,Andrew,

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg