Sign in to follow this  

Active sky wxRe-YESSS!

Just gave it a try-just scratching the surface with what it can do but flew from kfnt to kdet-left at 1,100 overcast-by the time I got to kdet it was snow and 2 miles v-this program did a great job-it was very real-and updated about 5 times during the flight. Transitions were smooth.. So far very impressed!Thanks for a great addition...Just verified with duats:KFNT:wind 360

Guest PhilC

I had the pleasure as serving on the beta team. Damian has done a wonderful job and it is amazing what wxRE does to the weather in FS2002. And using the default FS2002 clouds!Fantastic add-on.

Guest PhilipManwaring

I must agree. ActiveSky is one awesome piece of software and Damian is a great guy who will keep on improving it over time. Happy flying,Philip

I, too, had the pleasure of beta testing wxRE. I have been using it with the FS Sky World SE clouds, and this combination works great together as well. The manual is also well done, and is very educational regarding FS weather and weather reporting. I recommend this program ... Damian has done an outstanding job and is committed to making the program even better in the future. Steve J.

Geof, you can also set the rate of updates in "Options" if you want more or less of them.

Hey Geofa! I purchased this program tonight and am also an "X" FS Meteo user. What did you think of the clouds??? I thought they were pretty damn amazing, a nice improvement over FS Meteo! Glad I bought this and thanks to Damien! ;-)

Hi Geoff,As a long time and happy FSMeteo user, is there anything in Active sky that would make me move over to it?Any info would be appreciated,Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australiahttp://members.iinet.net.au/~portercb/flyp...ta_tester_3.jpgIntel Pentium IV 2.26GHz(533)512K L2 Cache NorthwoodIntel D850EMV2-LAN P4 (533MHz FSB)Kingston/Samsung 256MB PC-800 RAMBUS, x 2 (512Mb)MSI-8872 GeForce4 Titanium 4600 128MB DDRMSFS2002 Pro Full install at 1280x1024x32

Better Clouds, Wake Turbulance, better support, what more could you want? ;-)

More reason than you listed thats for sure. We have received excellent support from Marc. Your comment in another thread regarding Marc's failure to allow you to copy the program to any computer is a licensing issue. Not a support issue.As a happy FSMeteo user, I too would like to hear a "constructive" comparison between the two. Perhaps it is better and if thats the case, I'd like to take advantage of it as well.Michael

More reason than you listed thats for sure. We have received excellent support from Marc. Your comment in another thread regarding Marc's failure to allow you to copy the program to any computer is a licensing issue. Not a support issue.The support issue goes deeper than that Michael, I care not get into it here.Just take it from someone who has used both. I like wxRE much better. Again, I'm in no way afiliated with them either. If you are happy with FS Meteo stick with it.

Again, I understand you like it better. However, are you willing to tell us that do not have it, why its better?Thank you,Michael

Guest WorkingStiff

I guess we'll just have to wait until daylight to get an objective opinion from folks who have both. :-lol