Sign in to follow this  
mrcptuk

Not picking up VATSIM METARs

Hi everyone,I'm probably doing something really stupid, but I can't get AS 2004.5 Build 142 to pick up VATSIM METARs ...At the moment, according to VS, the METAR for EGKK isEGKK 170920Z 27009KT 9999 SCT012 09/08 Q1001AS2004 is reporting it asEGKK 170950Z 28010KT 9999 SCT012 BKN018 09/08 Q1001Fair enough, not majorly out at the moment, but I haven't yet seen 1 instance of a matching set of METARs.I currently do things in the following order ...Build flight plan in FSBuild2 and export to FS2004Start FSStart AS (through WideFS)Import flight plan + processAS2004.ini below://AS2004.5 configuration file Build 142[General]WindowPosX = 9645WindowPosY = 10740DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = 1AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = 81.5.128.19c$Documents and SettingsChrisMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesDoes anyone have any ideas, or can point me to my stupid mistake? ;-)Thanks in advance!Chris.

Hi Jim,Yup, EGKK was my destination ... I've just tried it without processing the plan, but I get the same (obviously different METARs now) result - different between AS + VATSIMI'm at a loss!

Hi,Sorry - I'm not explaining myself correctly am I? ;)I'm wondering why what is being shown in the AS window(s) and therefore in FS differs from what is displayed by ServInfo, ASRC (Controller's application on VATSIM), FSMetar to name a few (which all display the same data)Sorry to be such a pain, but I just can't get the data displayed by AS to match what every other source says VATSIM is currently experiencing.

Hi Chris,How are you checking the data? Remember VATSIM mode only works for departure and destination airports, when in ONLINE mode, and applies only for the active simulated data and NOT the AS stored data (in other words you'll see VATSIM info in the closest wx station window when you are at the correct location, departure or destination, but not in the "fetch" or during planning).Please try again this time look only at the closest station report at your departure after loading and processing the flightplan. If there is a discrepency here from VATSIM data please capture a screenshot (of the AS screen) and I will investigate in detail. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian,Thanks for the reply ....Yep, I was checking in the "Closest Station Report" (In addition to the "planning" screen) - this was varying from the VATSIM weather displayed in FSMetar / ServInfo at the time.On the other hand, I've just removed + re-installed as per Jim's instructions, and done a very quick test. It does seem to have cured the issue, and what's now being reported is as per ServInfo. I've not got the time to double check it now, but I'll check it properly tomorrow @ work if I get the chance, or alernatively after work.Fingers crossed though it seems good so far :)

Hi guys,Sorry I've not updated you since last Sunday, but things went a bit hectic in the real world ...Just to let you know that after the re-install, AS2004 is now picking up the VATSIM weather just perfectly ... thanks for your help :)