Sign in to follow this  
jag heter jan

AS2004.5 Upgrade Officially Released!

Props to you, Damian and Jim! HiFiSim leaves me speechless once again... unmatched level of dedication really.Best regards,Jan, MR (One satisfied AS2004 user)

Guest Paul Heaney

AWESOME! Just grabbed it, thanks.

Hi all,Just installed. PERFECT work. Continu flying with real world weather from EGWW to EDDM in a Wizzair A320. Having fun and smiling.

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest Paul Middleton

Is there a list somewhere of the enhancements?

Guest DRamsey

Hi DamianCongratulations!No obvious bugs..............I've flown from East Sound to Tofino and it seems very stable indeed. I've now also got the voice reporting working om my client which is great. The fact that this is possible could be more precisely described in the manual (voice from the client managed via the the Comm radio through WideFS is not mentioned) e.g. great selling point!I'm still a bit suspicious of the Radar Tracking mode (damaged by past experience) which doesn't seem to keep track (match) with the current metar of the nearest reporting station (it is dynamic which was not my personal experience in the past), but I gather it produces a alogorithm of METAR/TAF reports seen in the boxes rather than reporting them directly or what? [Of course, this is because I'm not a programmer and have no understanding of the mechanisms involved]Cordially, David

Hi Paul,A new product info page for AS2004.5, with identification of enhancements to AS2004 will be available in the next couple days on our website. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Well I guess this answers my question from last month as to when another updated release was coming out:-) I'm very impressed, looks real good and no problems whatsoever!! Keep up the good work, and a special thanks to ALL the beta-testers.

I hope to get this soon! I'm planning on building a new system (can't even run weather right now), so I'm looking forward to it! I loved the 2002 product.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Excellent support from hifisim, as usual. Now I never need step outside to see what is happening with the weather. My wife acknowledges your technical prowess, but also wishes you away. I don't understand ;)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest luxpilot

Hi I have problems , impossible for me to install the update I have AS20004 installed v.1.1 at 90% of installation bar it says it cant find files from the update.msi file in folder /local/temp/_Is79 or someting like that and i dont know why this happens ?My installation is on Drive D:fs2004modulesany suggestions?RegardsLuxpilot

Hi Frank,Did you remove any of the original AS2004 files? It may be causing installer issues. I suggest uninstalling all AS2004 entries (including ActiveRadar update), re-install the base AS2004, then the latest update. Also might try another download of the update, yours may have been corrupted.Does this help?

Damian Clark

Guest bobsk8

Great Product, Great update. Makes flying FS look REAL!!! :)

Guest bhdo

It's really a great release. FS cannot be used without AS2004 now.Thank you very much fot that job.Regards.

ActiveSky2004.5 Released!HiFi Simulation Software's latest weather add-on exclusively for Flight Simulator 2004 has been released!ActiveSky2004.5 is a complete overhaul of the prior AS2004 release, offering dozens of new features, enhancements, fixes and options as requested by users! This new release is fully integrated with the new FSUIPC and FS9 versions, and offers the most realistic and refined weather environment yet!All AS2004 users can upgrade to AS2004.5 absolutely free of charge from http://www.hifisim.com/downloads.htm. Those who have been beta testing AS2004.5, you do not need to upgrade if you are already on B147.For more information about this exciting new release, please visit HiFi Simulation Software's website at http://www.hifisim.com.Special Thanks to: Jim Skorna, Peter Dowson, AVSIM, The AS Internal Beta Team, all our users, and everyone else who has helped to make AS what it is today. We could not have done it without you!Thank you!!!

Damian Clark