Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariosunshine

High Altitude winds

Guest mariosunshine

Dear all, first of all thanks for your continuing support.... On friday, when I installed Build 145, I noticed, I all of a sudden had problems with the high altitude winds, the wind in active radar and the the one shown by the plan and the simulator are different in direction and velocity, additionally I have a lot of unexpected wind changes.. on the other hand the visuals are really great now...I would say hardly to improve. Any Idea what went wrong? I have an unregistered Version of FSUIPC, version 3.40Thanks in advance Kurt /AS2004.5 configuration file Build 145[General]WindowPosX = 4860WindowPosY = 2580DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Archivos de programaMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsKurt HelmMis documentosFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -7AloftPredictability = 0WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Hi,Also, variations between AR and actual simulated winds are normal. DWC (Direct Wind Control) and FSUIPC wind smoothing change the winds on the fly (to keep things smooth and proper), and AR cannot interpret this as the FS9 structures are inconsistent (FS9 bug, not fixed by 9.1 patch). AR is being overhauled for the next version which will be much more integrated and will support accurate (real-time) display of all AS-based parameters.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies