Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Quick question about AS and VATSIM.

Guest Paragon

Being inspired by the recent threads on ActiveSky I have a quick question. I fly mostly on VATSIM, and hardly ever as single player or what you want to call it. Would using AS make a difference for me, because as I understand it I use the VATSIM weather?

Guest Paragon

Sounds good...I have one more question though. I noticed that I have to press the minimum weather in the FSUIPC modul, and that's fine, but I'm wondering what options is okay to have set so that it doesn't interfere with AS?

Hi,The only potential conflicting FSUIPC options that I can see is Graduated Visibility (use AS or FSUIPC, not both) or Visibility limits (same). Otherwise you may get unpredictable results.Other than that, everything is made to work together regardless of setting. I highly recommend using all wx options off (or use normal wx defaults) in FSUIPC, then adjusting these to preference:Wind smoothing intervalVisibility smoothing intervalAlthough the default intervals work well, you may want to adjust them depending on your needs.Once again, normal defaults across the board are the best bet, that is how we design everything to work the best. Straying from these settings is up to preference, everyone has different desires here and the good thing is that almost everything is adjustable.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Paragon

Thank you for the swift and fullfilling reply...excellent support.

Guest Paragon

Having a look at my settings again, I'm afraid I have some more questions. Here's what I see for weather options in:FSUIPC:- wind smoothing- vis. smoothing- vis. limits- vis. graduationAS:- FSUIPC wind smoothing- vis. smoothing- vis. limits...now I figure I can't have vis. smoothing/limits turned on in both programs or that might cause a problem, correct? So if I want vis. graduation I would use the one inside of FSUIPC, because as I see it the AS vis. graduation is part of the AS vis. smoothing?p.s. if you can't tell already I'm not that good at reading instructions, especially in english. :)

Guest Paragon

You know after having read that post over and over again plus the manual, I finally got it...go figure. It's not always as easy for us europeans to understand instruction, or maybe for me atleast. :(