Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

Active Radar.dll vs Active Camera.dll

Guest Grey_Wolf

It seams I can only have one or the other in the modules folder. If I have both I get the dreaded CTD when hitting the Fly Now button. Is there a known fix for this or have I discovered something new?

Guest Anticyclone

Jim,Grey Wolf fixed the issue himself (I had a long chat with him on my forum).Quoted from the thread : "In my efforts to get Active Radar to work, along with Active Camera, I have found a third Module that affects the mix. FSBrowser.dll if removed makes for a happy FS. Active Camera and Active Radar are now both working."Regards,

Guest Grey_Wolf

Yeah, its me on both forums. The Active Sky was the updated version2004.5. As well as the Active camera being updated to 2.5. The Active Radar version number under the .dll is 1.15 My Modules folder does have quite a few .dll files from payware. I can live with out FSBrowser. All the important things work now, So I'm happy.Cheers to both you gentelmen for the outstanding service I've recieved from you today and in the past.

Thanks Grey Wolf,You are sure it was FSBrowser? That is one of our little freeware things. I don't have Acitve Camera so I can't try. I need to know in case others have this very same combination. Damian may like to know for the future!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Grey_Wolf

Yes, by removing FSBrowser.dll (version 1.0.0.2) I can now use Active Sky and Active Radar together. With all three .dll files I would crash to desktop after hitting the fly now button. The error FS wanted to report related to the VISUALFX.DLL (version 9.1.0.40901)I also have Flight1, FSConnect, FSUIPC, FSNav, AeroCore, Reality, TrafficToolbox and several other .dlls installed any combination of wich may be causing the conflict.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/95348.jpg

Maybe a strange suggestion: try changing your 'Render to texture' and see what happens. If have seen very strange crashes related to this setting. Don't know if it's the case here, but worth a try.