Sign in to follow this  

Hi AllSince I installed the new patch Active Sky is behaving differently. I launch the programme then FS9. My home airport is EIDW. Before the patch the weather would load up after a few moments. It would say "nearest station KSEA", then after a moment "nearest station EIDW" and the weather would be right. Now even though it says "nearest station EIDW" no weather loads. I have to exit to the desktop and press "refresh" then go back to the simulator for the weather to work.What am I doing wrong, or is there an option which I need to check to get the same functionality as before?Many thanksGerry

Hi Gerry,This is usually caused by FS9 theme problems. You can reset by manually clearing all wx via FSUIPC interface.Does this help? If not, please post your as2004.ini... also, are you waiting for all wx writing to complete, verified by the "closest station" report scrolling text being displayed in FS?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi DamianThank you for your reply. I cleared all weather in FSUIPC and this helped. However it does take a long time for the weather to load compared to before the patch. I am a bit new to this so don't understand about "waiting for all wx writing to complete". ActiveSky seems to scroll through a large number of stations before starting. Also I can find the AS2004 folder in the "Modules" folder in FS9 but where is the "as2004.ini" file?Apart from this minor glitch, (which is probably my own fault for not checking a box in the options menu or something!) I have to say that ActiveSky has transformed my flying experience in FS9. The detail an accuracy are amazing and the cloud effects can be spectular. A great product.Thanks again Gerry

Hi Jim This is my AS2004.ini file I think!//AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 5160WindowPosY = 5205DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 1VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 1AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEIs this okay?Many thaksGerry

Hi Jim I will make those changes. I don't have the Pause on Task Switch set, I will try this as well.Thanks again Gerry