Sign in to follow this  
Guest chmenten

Can't Disable Ground Updates

Guest chmenten

Have the latest AS Version with Build 147. But I have had this problem on earlier builds also, and kept hoping it would get fixed. I would like to disable ground updates as they happen always at the wrong times for me. I have selected Disable ground updates in the options but to no avail. I have checked the .ini and disable ground updates is set true.Everything else in the program works great and I am really happy with the weather I am getting in FS9.I must have something not set correctly....hoping for some help.C H Menten

Hi,Disable ground updates now only applies to local wx.. it will still update wx outside the local suppression range. The goal of this feature is to prevent visible cloud changes when METAR data changes and you are on the ground. But we still need to update distant wx (and "clone" local wx) for many other important processes and 3rd-party add-on compatibility.If you would like to prevent all updates temporarily at any time, the best solution is to go into the options screen in AS, which pauses all processing. You might also like the "start AS paused" option...Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest fs3tofs9

I really wish there were an option to disable all weather updates while on the ground, especially at the destination airport. Did ActiveSky used to support this feature? I've been running into problems with weather updates while on the ground. I'm pushing my rig to the limit with various add-ons and tweaks and the chance of weather updates during my taxi out and especially during my takeoff roll is something I can do without. If any third party add-on requires this for compatibility, then I would rather have an option to opt out and become "incompatible" with this 3rd party add-on.Interestingly, it is on the ground at the "destination" airports where I've been running into repeatable problems. For example, shortly after landing and while taxiing to the gate at a certain, complex add-on airport, my video card will start putting out garbled graphics. Each time this has happened, I've switched to the desktop and observed that ActiveSky is performing a weather update. I could cut back in other areas (e.g., scenery, cloud, and AI complexity) but the best choice for me is cutting back on weather updates especially at the destination airport because my flight is over and I am no longer interested in weather updates. When I'm in ATP mode flying between complex hub airports using complex add-on aircraft, I rarely take off again from the airport I just landed at. Even when I do, I reset everything by terminating and reloading flight simulator anyway (and often rebooting the computer too). So an option to suspend all weather updates while on the ground, especially at destination airport, would be a great option for the type of flying I often do. Plus, I thought prior versions of ActiveSky supported the disabling of weather updates while on the ground? Regards (and thanks for the great product),R. Foster

Hi,As to garbled graphics, that may be part of the problem. Have you updated video drivers lately?Will work on future "complete disable" options, but there are other problems involved in doing this that will make it highly NOT recommended for most users. It is too easy for synch problems and inconsistent wx when the user forgets to re-initialize before taking off again.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies