Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Help! Not getting Destination Weather Zone....

Guest United

Here is my "ini" file, what is set wrongly so that I am not getting destination weather well before approach? I am using AS2004 through WideFS as well, but that should be no problem. For instance, destination is KPDX, but KVUO stays as the weather until 1 nm before touchdown on 10R, that's just plain wrong!!!//AS2004.5 configuration file Build 145[General]WindowPosX = 3045WindowPosY = 2445DefaultWeatherFolder = C:activesky2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 40MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = TrueGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = FalseRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -7AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = Randysp4flight simulator filesThanks in advance!!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Erups

I assume you are loading your flight plan correctly, are you?I have this problem too.

Hi,With force destination wx zone even though the closest station (and related wx reports) can and will change, the actual wx in FS should be locked to your destination wx. The wx should not change within 80nm of the destination. This assumes you have a valid flight plan processed in AS.Is this not working correctly? Please confirm if your actual in-sim wx is indeed changing as above... if not I'll certainly investigate ASAP! Thanks for the reports..

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest United

OK, here's what I do. I start AS2004.5, build 145, I press "New Route" and load a flight plan. I process the flight plan and a NavLog is created. The destination airport is shown on the main AS2004.5 screen. During flight, the "actual in-sim wx" changes from station to station; however, even though I have checked off "Force Destination Wx Zone" until I am at the destination airport, the weather does not change to destination weather. For example, and I just tried it again. Flight plan KOAK-KPDX. That means that when the plane is within 80nm of KPDX, the weather shown should be KPDX weather. In this case, I put the plane at KHIO, a mere 15 miles from KPDX. The weather shown is KHIO weather. I have been using AS2004.5 via WideFS on a laptop, so I installed AS2004.5, build 145 on my main FS9.1 computer, same results. I have FSUIPC 3.4 set to defaults as per AS2004.5 needs. Let me know how I can help to solve this crazy situation!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Erups

>Is this not working correctly? Please confirm if your actual>in-sim wx is indeed changing as above... if not I'll certainly>investigate ASAP! Thanks for the reports..Only way i have to check this, is looking at AS window:when i load an FP and am approaching destination, it happens (depending on the relative position of the other stations) that i do not have the destination station active until i am a few miles from it.I don't remember were, but it occurred to me too that the weather changed feet from the runway, as the active station just changed.

Hi,Once again, changing closest stations are normal. The only data that is replicated from the destination is the actual wx structure which is transparent. When you say "weather shown is KHIO" I assume you are talking about the main AS screen showing KHIO as closest along with its METAR/TAF/windows info? This is normal.If the actual wx varies significantly (in sim, not in the report!) between KHIO and KPDX then things are NOT working properly.. please help me establish that this is indeed what is happening... thanks!

Damian Clark

Hi Claudio,The wx popped? That is strange, it should never change instantly regardless of this feature/option. Unless you are referring to visibility transitioning?Reemember, this is not FS2002, wx doesn't change instantly based on an "active report". There is no longer an active report, only a glimpse at the closest station data. So the "closest station" changed miles from the destination? This is normal.The wx changing instantly (significantly) a few miles from the runway is not normal. Please lets make sure we're on the same page as far as how this feature is supposed to work and whether or not its working.. I can't yet establish that :) It works OK on my end, but I think there is confusion as to what is supposed to happen.When within 80nm of destination, and flight plan processed, and destination wx zone option enabled, any update to any wx station will be cloned to the destination wx structure. This applies only to the actual wx data inside FS, and thus the depicted wx conditions. It does not change the display of "closest station" nor the data presented by such closest stations within the AS main screen.Please advise, and thanks for the help!!!

Damian Clark

Guest United

Well, OK... I did not know that actual destination weather sets without the program interface showing it....... if that is the case, I must say that I've never, so far, been assigned an inappropriate runway for landing, so I guess there's no problem at all, but I'm not sure it's widely known that forcing destination weather is entirely a background process without interface indications. That's OK with me, however. The matter is closed then! Thanks Damien, I love the program, keep up the great work!Randy Jura, KPDX