Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

any way to speed up process

When AS first starts it seems to reprocess the weather list it last used. This takes about 2-3minutes. I then download the current weather; another 2-3 minutes. It then processes that weather, another 2-3 minutes. I then load the flight plan, and AGAIN it re-processes the weather list; another 2-3minutes. After all of this I finally get back to FS after spending about 15 minutes. Am I missing something in the set-up of the program that would speed this up a bit? I do clear all the weather via FSUICP before starting AS. Why does it even retain the last used file? Why does it have to process the weather data for the entire world when it knows the route I am going to use? I guess what I am asking, is there a way to "thin" the metars ala Infometar so so much time is not wasted? I really like the results of AS, but it does seem to be over-processing all this weather data. Mike Monce

Guest Erups

I suggest you mark the option "start paused".This way, next time you open FS and AS, you setup your flight, compile the FP.And just when you're ready, you hit "refresh" and then load the FP in AS.This way you should be able to skip multiple weather reloads.

I found by serendipity that if I mimimize Active Sky and then bring it up in a window in front of the FS 2004 window and then refresh it goes like gangbusters. The station writes complete in maybe one-quarter the time that it does if Active Sky is in its own window and FS 2004 is minimized.Not sure why.Greg

Greg Clark

Hi Greg,It's due to priority modes of FS. Higher priority when it's active, giving less priority to AS and the write process.Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies