Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

METAR and Flightwatch do not match

Last night I set myself to KPDX. The Active Sky METAR said winds from 000 at 00 and the visibility was 10 SM. few at 800 overcast at 5,500. Sitting on the ground at PDX, When I tuned flightwatch it identified PDX and said winds 180 at 09 and visbility at 0.5 mile; few at 800 overcast at 5,500 AND 7,500.In the sim, Vis certainly was not 0.5 miles, more like 10. But the cloud layering was accurate.Why this discrepancy?Refreshing did not change anything.Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

This is the METAR corresponding the flightwatch above:KPDX 270255Z 00000KT 10SM -RA FEW008 OVC055 09/09 A2975 RMK AO2 SLP074 P0002 60004 T00940089 53021Greg

Greg Clark

No it is not checked.I include the archived weather file, Could you give it a try? Just go to KPDX and hopefully you can hear the same discrepancy on Flightwatch as opposed to METAR on startup.Greg

Greg Clark

Try again--file too big to attach.Perhaps you could retrieve it from the weather archive based on the METAR.Greg

Greg Clark

Yes, I was in offline mode. But I downloaded the weather and immediately went to FS 2004 at KPDX. I would guess that there would be no time for the weather to "evolve"Greg

Greg Clark