Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

ActiveRadar causes severe stuttering

I had smooth performance on my mid range machine before installing Active Sky. Then I developed rather severe stutters on the ground with lots of clouds and in the air clouds/scenery just jerked by.This was the case without invoking Active Radar.When I renamed the Active radar dll to .BAK, I got right back to my old smooth performance before Active Sky but this time with all the benefits of Active Sky except Active Radar.This is more of an FYI to others.Not sure what element of Active Radar drags peformance down. I liked the weather reporting at destination etc feature when I used it once.But one can switch to Active Sky and fetch the destination METAR for the same purpose butnot as convenient, and certainly not in plain English!If that feature is not a performance drag I wish it could be separated out into another module to use without the radar.Greg

Greg Clark

Hi Just thought I would jump in on this thread.Like Greg I do not have an High end machine, and when I first purchased AS2004 several months ago and utilizing the AR I found that it degraded the speech when flying if there was percipitation so I just do not bother pulling up the Active Radar.With this said if I do what Greg did change the Ar.Dll to Ar.bak will that affect any other feature with AS2004.5.I to get stutters during heavy cloud, and if just disabiling the AR.DLL helps eliminate some of the stutters I would not have a problem as I never use the Active Radar feature.Thanks for any assistance.Kenny G.

Yes this a brand new purchase of the lastest version.Correct just having the ActiveRadar dll causes the stutters. It does not have to be running ActiveRadar.I have a Pentium 2.6 Ghz with Radeon 9800 Pro and 1250 MB RAM.Greg

Greg Clark