Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

AS2004 is not loading weather in FS9?

Guest lalo lolo1

Well guys, these have been frustrating days with AS, first wxRE and after realizing it doesn't work well in FS9, now AS2004 that I bouhgt today.I will forget about the problems that I had with wxRE, but I do need a solution for AS2004. BEFORE I GET THE MESSAGE THAT I SHOULD CHECK MY FSUIPC VERSION: IT IS 3.40, DOWNLOADED TWO OR THREE WEEKS AGO A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE FS9 PATCH WAS RELEASED. Sorry about the big letter, but I kept getting answers asking if I have the right version of FSUIPC when I am always specific about it.I installed AS2004 earlier today and set everything as per the instructions.I opened FS cleared all weather and did a couple of short flights to try the new software. It worked really well.Now, a few hours later, with the same settings the weather is not installed in FS9. The AS window says "FS Active", but all the boxes show "please wait", and of course I don't get any weather in FS9. I have kept the program opened on purpose more than 30 min and nothing happened.Help me please,Thanks,Leo

Hi,Please describe your Internet connection. I have been using AS all evening with no problems. I also suggest that you do a system scan for viruses and spyware. If one time you are getting weather, and later on you are not and the server is OK, that means that something is amis on your system.P.S. There is really no reason to shout about anything. Until today you have been posting all over the place, so of course people are going to ask the same questions. Users are attempting to help other users, as it should be. The AS team cannnot be everywhere 24/7 and we appreciate any and all solid suggestions/advice users can offer!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest lalo lolo1

Hey Jim,Sorry about the shouting but I was really frustrated. It is just that I post saying things and I get answers asking me about the things I have already said, several times this week as I went encountering new problems. I have my PCs as clean as possible with more than 1 spyware program, updated antivirus, running oftenly and some registry cleaner soft. They run as fast as they can.Anyway I found the solution to the problem and another problem on the way.The little detail that made a great difference was to press the refresh buttom after I got the download. I think I never saw that in the instructions altyhough it might be there. With that I am flying now AAL2448 KSJC-KDFW online, and the weather combined with FS Genesis is unbelievable.The new problem is that I have Wide FS and although the other PC shows FS active I can't dowload the weather. Some network or firewall setting, not sure, but I have Servinfo in the secondary PC and downloads without problems.Well, sorry about my shouting again but FS regulates my mood when I feel like flying.Regards,Leo

Thanks Leo,I still suggest that you have some sort of communication problem on your network. Not sure if it is with WideFS, FSUIPC, your network settings, or hardware settings. But having trouble with wxRE and AS2004 leads me to say that. Pressing the refresh button may help for now, but two downloads of the data should not be necessary.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest frankathl

EDIT: I had already written this when I saw you had partially solved your problem, but will let it stand so you know you were not alone! Hi Leo,I understand your frustration! This problem seems very like the one I had last night. It now seems to have resolved itself(without action on my part). See the thread "Teething Problems(I Hope!)" just below your post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.phpaz=show...d=12781&mesg_idA number of suggestions were made, but none of them were successful(eg, disabling my firewall did not resolve the problem). Later, last night, I tried again, and it worked. By the way, I had been running AS without FS9, and the program began to work when I loaded FS9 before starting AS. Then I found it worked either way. Could be entirely coincidental, but it seems fine now(at work now, but looking forward to going home!).I realise that "keep trying" is not the most exciting piece of advice, but in my case, at least, it worked.BR,FrankPS.I had a problem with the 737NG as well(now resolved), but you can ignore that bit in my post.