Sign in to follow this  
Guest MvT

Performance hit every minute

Guest MvT

When I'm using Active Sky I have a performance hit every minute for 15 seconds. When I

Guest tstewart

I have the same add-on's Marcel and get the same thing. I did a complete reinstall also. I have NV disabled also. I can't figure out what is going on either. I've watched task manager and no other program is running at the slow down. It is AS2004 causing the problem because I only get this with AS2004 running. Earlier beta versions I did not get this. I checked and the slowdowns were not just when weather was being updated(6 min for mine) I used to get the same thing with fsmeteo.

Hi Guys,There is nothing in AS2004 which is doing anything on an interval based on distance or time beyond 5 seconds. The intervals in AS threads are 2 seconds and 5 seconds.Something else is surely going wrong, nothing to do with AS2004 I bet. FWIW we've had something like a dozen reports of crashes, performance issues, other problems in the past few days, none of which ended up being related to AS2004.5. I think 90% of our support requests lately have been from problems with landclass or other add-ons.. Not that this means AS isn't at fault, but the chances are slim. Please help verify that your problems do indeed stop by simply unloading AS2004. And that they start again when you reload it. To the user who is not having problems with earlier betas, please go back to your base version (uninstall all, reinstall base, don't install update yet) and try it. If these things can be confirmed isolated to AS we'll definitely take it further, but again, chances are that this has nothing to do with AS so please look at your other stuff. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MvT

Hi Damian,After a lot of tests, I can reproduce it with FS9 default weather (fly longer than 5 minutes), so you

Guest MvT

Damian and Jim,Thanks for the time and support. @tstewart: I

Guest Paragon

This is very interesting I get this also. Every 9.8nm or so I get a decrease of around 10 and it lasts 1.7nm. I asked if there is a program that can log my framerates. I would be very interested in what you find.

Two common culptrits do this...the Windows File Indexing Service, and some antiviruses. Turn 'em off when you're flying.Otherwise, I'd recommend you run task manager with the processes tab up and see if some process is spiking its CPU utilization in synch with the slowdowns.I thought about including a 2500 line log file to illustrate the point, but out of courtesy for the other users here I thought better of it.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Paragon

Well I've turned indexing off and I shutdown the antivirus when going flying. There might be some services running in the background that I can't see, but I'll have a more detailed look.