Sign in to follow this  
Guest 320MAD

AS2004 and Graduated visibility in FS2004

Guest 320MAD

Hey gang,Got a question about graduated vis and AS2004. I purchased wxRE 1.9 about a month ago and now upgraded to AS2004 and went from FS2002 to FS2004. I am running on a P4 3Ghz HT with 700MB ram and Radeon 9200SE video card (I know it's not that good upgrading to 9800 Pro this week) with the latest drivers and FSUIPC 3.4.Here is the problem: When on the ground I have no graduated vis i.e. I can see for miles and miles I only get graduated vis above FL130. If the vis is low then I don't get the fogging effect I used to in FS2002 I don't mean that if it is foggy I don't get the fog it's just that things don't faid into the distance as they used to. I have the FS2004 update can anybody please tell me what the problem is? I can send screen shots if you guys need them and when I'm using clear skies standard weather in FS2004 I get the graduated effect even on the ground.Thanks in advance320MAD

Guest 320MAD

OK here is the file. I have used the default settings both in AS and in FSUIPC.Cgeers320MAD

Guest 320MAD

Hi there thanks for the reply but it didn't do anything different! Nothing at all grad vis still over FL130... Any other ideas?Cheers320MADPS: Don't get me wrong love the product just got this one glitch on my PC that I can't get rid of my mates have used this with grad vis from the ground up.

Hi,What exactly is happening with the vis on the ground, and what are you seeing different at FL130? With fs9 haze depiction on, the vis is depicted as per FS9 by setting the local wx structure surface visibility. You clear this haze layer anywhere from 3KAGL to 13KAGL where the visibility will slowly step up to max.From your post it sounds like you're getting max visibility on the ground? Can you post some screen shots of this effect? There has been another report somewhat similar but only this one, perhaps something is wrong with this option set? Make sure FSUIPC vis graduation is off. Might want to try minimum wx defaults in FSUIPC.In either case the screenshots should help identify what is going on... Thanks for the info!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest 320MAD

My AS2004 settings. By the way I was reading the comments by Bruce and this seems to happen to me on CAVOC skies too or where vis is unlimited. I took a look at FS2004 vis settings in custom weather they are 32 NM and even via FSUIPC they are the same could the problem be the graphics card or the drivers? Dunno it's got me thinking now I have only had this prob with 2004 wxRE 1.9 and AS2004. With FS2002 it worked like a charm on the same system only other change then is FSUIPC version from 3.3 to 3.4.The metar for the screen shots was:LIMC 302320Z 36005KT 9999 SCT080 09/07 Q1013 NOSIGCheers320MAD

Guest 320MAD

Here is another shot at LEGE this time very different METAR:LEGE 310030Z VRB02KT 8000 DZ SCT024 BKN050 OVC070 13/12 Q1007I can still see for miles even though it's raining! ;)Cheers320MAD

Guest 320MAD

Same airport different METAR report:LIMC 300125Z 03605KT 4000 RA BKN020 BKN070 09/07 Q1013 RMK DYNAMIC TAF ELEMENTFirst screen shot on the ground, as soon as through the clouds same prob as before but at FL100+ you get grad vis. Last test for today it's 02:35 I'm off to bed! :)Cheers320MAD

Guest 320MAD

First one is the default FS2004 "Clear Skies" things also look like this when you Clear all weather from FSUIPC. Second same shot with AS2004 notice no greying of the mountians, third is the same all the way up to FL140 no greying of the mountians, fourth one is of my FSUIPC settings.Cheers320MAD

Guest 320MAD

I looked around the internet a bit and I found a solution to the problem. It's not AS that is causing it it's my graphics card. I needed to add TableFog=0 to the display.ini and all is working fine. Bruce I suggest that you search for tweaks for your graphics card mate as I have a feeling that it's the same problem as mine. I'm using an ATI card 9200SE like I mentioned and this is a known issue with this card and FS9. Could any of you guys using a 9800 PRO tell me if you have this problem as I'm getting one of these this week.Cheers320MAD