Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dirk KSFO

FS9 crashes - Menu bar disappears

Guest Dirk KSFO

Hi,I am posting this here, too, as the last thing I did before this started was to install ActiveSky2004.5. No idea whether this is causing this, just the coincidence.I have been running FS9 for several months without any problems. Recently, the program crashes pretty much every time. After 1+ hour, the menu bar disappears. Somewhat later (usually when switching views) the program freezes.The last major updates I did before this all started was to install the FS9.1 patch and install ActiveSky2004.5. I uninstalled everything and installed only the major components yesterday. While flying today (offline, no ServInfo, no SquawkBox running, with ActiveSky4.5 being the only other program running) from KPHX to KTUS (PMDG B737-700), the same thing happened.Here is the installation I am using:10/29/04 Installed FS910/29/04 Installed FS9.1 update10/29/04 Installed ActiveSky200410/29/04 Installed ActiveSky2004.5 update10/29/04 Installed FSUIPC3.4010/29/04 Installed PMDG B737NG 600/700 Version 1.30 10/29/04 Installed Squawkbox V2.310/29/04 Installed SBRelay 1.210/29/04 Installed HostSB10/29/04 Installed ServInfo2.0210/29/04 Installed FSBuild210/29/04 Installed FSBuild2 update ("fsb2updates_101404")10/29/04 Installed FSBuild2 NavData ("fsb2_0410_navdata")My computer config is AMD FX-53, ASUS A8V motherboard, 1GB RAM, ATI AX800XT (ASUS) with latest drivers.Anyone any idea what causes this?Thanks for your helpDirk

Guest milliotseb

Hello,Someone finally has something like me.I had this problem some months ago. I had reinstall and change a lot of hardware but the menu bar always disappear after 1hour.The solution I find was to hide menu bar(right clic+ hide menu). When I need the bar, I press ALT. Now I could fly for hours withour problems. Hope this will help you