Sign in to follow this  
Guest dude

Download Metar

Guest dude

HelloIts my first time to use Active Weather for my FS2002.The version i am using is 1.92.4.Everything seems to be okay for getting the metar for my departure airport. But the winds aloft dont seem to be updated. Also when im trying to choose offline mode and "AutoDownload-Create New" there is nothing happen. When im choosing WX Briefing i only get timeout error after a while. Im using dsl and dont have any problems with my internet connection. Also i tried out to get the data with disabled Firewall. Nothing works. Does anybody had the same problems and can help me?Thank you.Michael

Guest dude

HiThank you for immediate answer. Here is my ini file:[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:ProgrammeActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:ProgrammeActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle07Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = FalseIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = 1RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80I just tried it out standing in LSZH for a flight to EDDV. Using Online Mode. I got the correct weather for LSZH and also for EDDV. But when i tried out to get the wx briefing i only got timeout errors for 7 times after pressing "Process". Then i gave it up and now im here again.Michael

Guest dude

HiI am using Fs 2002 Windows XP with the new Service Pack. I tried it again without my Antivirus and without my Firewall. The same happend.And i could get access to the site you gave me. Hmmmmm...... I really like to know whats my problem here. Maybe its something with my Internet Connection Settings?????Maybe you have another idea what could be wrong.Michael

Guest dude

HiI am using Antivir Personal Edition Version 6. My Firewall is Zonealarm Version 5.1.033.000Michael

Guest dude

HiNo by DSL Modem. GreetingsMichael

Ugh... ZoneAlarm.. This is known to cause all kinds of problems with many internet applications. Unfortunately it cannot be uninstalled either, it always leaves traces and requires windows re-install to actually remove entirely.Not sure that is the problem, but perhaps you can find a way to make sure that wxRE is permitted in all ways to send and receive from the internet. Not familiar with ZA (only from other user's experience) but there should be a way to "auto detect" an application's requirements to make sure its all set.Does that help?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies