Sign in to follow this  
Guest reconmercs

Constant grey skys.... :-(

Guest reconmercs

hi guys..my first time postin on this board. Anywayz..I've had AS2004 for awhile and mostly like the updated weather but that is also my main GRIPE. For some reason every time there is visiblity less than 20 miles I get horrible visibitliy rendered, the skies are grey(even when the metar says "clear" and there is alot of haze surrounding the airport. Can someone please assist..also when movin from area to area the visibilty will drop drastically. today I was making a vitural flight out of RDU(well tryin to atleast) and AS2004 had grey skies as mentioned before and I know for a fact there was no haze, no over cast and visiblity was good..I looked right out the window of my house..thanks in advance....

Guest reconmercs

Hi Jim, here's my ini://AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 4455WindowPosY = 4335DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 50MinimumVisibility = MaximumVisibility = LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsDesmond BurrellMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = FalseIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = FalseLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = FalseWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEBTW my video card is an ATI 9600 with up to date drivers..thanks in advance...

Guest reconmercs

Jim, I also just noticed..when I get over about 2000 ft..the visibility works like its suppose to the clouds are accurate so it looks like when I'm 2,000 ft or below the sky is grayed in and bad visibilty with haze on the ground...and this is when the metar is saying clear ..very strange...

Guest repaid22

Hi, I also do have to say that I have this same problem... The grey skies when the reports and even the Flightwatch radio states state clear skies with 3 miles+ visibility. Adam

Guest reconmercs

Jim, that fixed it...I can see clearly now(as the song goes :-)) thanks alot Des

Guest reconmercs

Jim, I thought I had fixed the problem but it's still happens at some airports..I was @ Pope AFB on this sim today and the greyed in skies and bad visibility "bug" happened again..any other suggestions?

Guest reconmercs

Hi support guys, my problem with continous grey overcast continues, I was testing out Tyndall AFB(KPAM) here is the metar:KPAM 041955Z 27007KT 7SM BKN090 24/16 A2993 RMK SLPNOinstead of broken clouds @ 9000ft I had a complete grey cover and very bad visibilityI also tried out Dyess(KDYS)KDYS 042055Z VRB04KT 7SM SKC 21/02 A3026 RMK SLP243 56008

Guest reconmercs

heres another pic of Tyndall to get a better idea of what I'm tlkin about..

Guest reconmercs

Jim, heres my ini file://AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 2130WindowPosY = 3030DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 3000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 50MinimumVisibility = MaximumVisibility = LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsDesmond BurrellMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = FalseLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = FalseWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEOn FSUIPC, I always click clear all weather before opening up Active Sky. Any help much appreciated