Sign in to follow this  
Guest reconmercs

Constant grey skys.... :-(

Guest Grahm

You know, I have had the same problem with 2004. I got tiried of it an went back to 2002. At first, I thought it was my video card. That wasn't it. I never got to the bottom of it. If an when ya get an answer! Let me know! So, I settled to 2002 pro.

I have had the same problem particularly last night and tonight. KSAT is clear right now but after take off between 2000 and 4000 ft I get the overcast. I tried the various suggestions mentioned here. Also installed FSUIPC 3.41 indtead of 3.4, all to no avail. Could thsi be related to sky textures installed as part of USA Roads? I love this program, but am baffeled by this situation.Bill Gustafson in SAT

I tried something else I read from one of the other posts.After backing up my Weather Stations file, I deleted some of the staions near San Antonio such as Randolph AFB (KRND), Kelly AFB (KSKF) and Stinson Muni(KSSF). This seemed to help because as near as KSSF is, it has been reporting different visibility. maybe this problem has soemthing to do with the program trying to transition between two nearby stations when sky is clear but vis is different.

Guest thefringe

You might want to check graduated visibilty settings in FSUIPC (if you have the registered version). Even if the situation in the sim calls for 20 miles visibilty, certain graduated visibility settings in FSUIPC will render 20 miles as 10 miles or less up to a certain altitude, giving you the unwanted haze and gray skies.Best of luck,John M.

Guest reconmercs

Hi guys, I was wonderin if anyone had determined if the problem with the gray skys and low visibility was caused by the unregistered version of FSUPIC...thanks in advance

Guest reconmercs

was wonderin what was damians status on this problem..haven't heard anything in awhile.....