Sign in to follow this  

Whats the Best Controling Helicopter to Download.???

I have been doing some Bush flying at the Antilope trails scenery, and have tried to find a Helo that flys without jumping out of control the second I input a flight control.(Mainly on hovering) All the Helos I have on my HD seem to be toooo sensitive.Any Ideas??ThanksAl

Guest freequest

I suggest setting your relisim settings to about half FS appers over sensitive.Best helo i have flown is the Bell UH-1 they are just sweet.also the Chinook is good..

Hi AlHelos are sensitive beasts, for sure. If you're trying to do everything on a yoystick, I understand your frustration; if you've pedals in your mix, life is a lot easier.I have posted a little upgrade idea for the Bell in the Heli forum which helps a lot on approach.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest freequest

i use a joystick :( and by reducing the realiasm is the only way i can fly the things.... just wondering is there any way to tilt the rotor blade on top so i dont have to tilt the whole helo... its kinda a pain to tilt the whole thing for 20mins... gives me a sore neck.

Guest Grey_Wolf

Flying from the virtual cotpit you can use the hat switch to look up for improved visibility. You can also look down a bit for landings.the bell47 (found here on avsim) and the defult bell206 I found to be two of the most stable and I did most of my FS training on those two (and most of my crashing)keep practicing.Having FunGrey_Wolf

Thanks for the replys!I changed the flight model, and it works like a charm. too bad we can't fly on the Normal settings, now when I change to an Airplane I have to mess with the settings again..Ah well...Thanks AgainAl

>Thanks for the replys! >>I changed the flight model, and it works like a charm. too >bad we can't fly on the Normal settings, now when I change >to an Airplane I have to mess with the settings again.. >Ah well... I love flying helicopters in FS! I fly helos 90% of the time and use a FF SW 2 joystick with the realism one click back from max, don't have a problem, just takes practice I guess. Definately more of a challenge than fixed wing.Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

One thing you might want to try:Goto Hoversafe (www.members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htm). Set realism and control sensitivities at maximum. Download and go through their lessons. It seems impossible at first, but you will shortly be able to hover, take off, land and otherwise control your helio--just like real world b/c unlike fixed wing, helios are that hard to control. Really satisfying once you get the hang of it (although I would say that foot rudders are a must.