Sign in to follow this  
DennisB.

'msinet.ocx' error message? What's a newbee to do?

I get a "Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its depenedencies not correctly regestered: a file is missing or invalid" Run-time error '339': I did have problem with a hard drive and had it replaced. Some files have been moved and I can't find my key, or whatever it was, when I first got AS. I still have one folder that is 'ActiveSky2004' but when I click on the AS2004.exe, I get the error message. I did try to look for a new AS2004 to download but all these new releases and such have me very confused.I must say that AS worked great before my hard drive got 'stuffed'.Any help is really appreciated. Thank you. This is the last thing left for me to fix since I had my problems start. Can't wait to get back online with ActiveSky.

Hi,OK a few things here:1. AS must be reinstalled, not copied to the new hard drive. I suggest the same for FS04.2. You backed up the base install zip file right?3. If not then please e-mail me with your purchase information that can be found on SimMarket.com.We'll get you up and running again!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thank you Jim. I did install and now all is back to great again. I just love when that little box appears. Many, Many Thank you's to you. I also backed up my pmdg and jet cities too. Learned how to save my mail as well. So sweet when we know the answers.All the best to you and yours.Warmest Thanks; So very, very much appreciated.Dennis