Sign in to follow this  
Guest guex

Error during decompression

Guest guex

Hi Damian,I get this message every time, during the flight...What is this ??Any help greatly appreciated

Guest jhaley

I've had this too, but only one time. I have NOD32 installed for anti-virus. I use FSAutostart to start fs9, due to the fact that my sim is set up through a FSGS Flight Simulator Graphics Solutions setup. I see that portions of the anti-virus program "appear" to shut down during start-up. Could that have anything to do with it?John HaleyThunder BayCanada

I am seeing this error quite regularly (once per 1-2 hrs) since upgrading to 4.5. AV software has been the same for the last couple of months (AVG).Wouldn't bother me so much except that it pauses any changes to weather until I click OK. I'd rather it just gave me an advisory message on the bottom of the application and continued on its merry way.Otherwise, the 4.5 update is EXCELLENTAMUNDO! Very convincing weather depictions and transitions. Another very satisfied customer here.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I am on dial-up, indirectly accessed through another PC on my home network through ICS. I've accessed the internet this way for years and have only seen the compression error since upgrading to AS 2004.5.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest guex

Jim,Yes I use Norton internet security since many years.The error message only appears since the update to 2004.5

Guest guex

Jim,Yes, sure. I have a cable connection andd I am continuously online.Never had any problems before.Thanks

Guest guex

Jim,I'll do that this weekend.stay tuned...thanks

Guest Marv

I'm getting the same error. I'll be watching this thread. I am running Norton AVKerio FirewallSP2I'll also try tomorrow with the AV/FW off, see what happens.Marv

Guest thefringe

Also getting this error on most flights. I am ending all anti-virus applications before running sim. Recently purchased the updated Active Sky.John M.

Guest Eagletail

I, too, am receiving the same error, but I'm wondering if this has to do with shutting down ActiveSky first before leaving FS? I tried following updates over a short period of time, and everything seemed to be updating, but as soon as I shut down FS - followed by ActiveSky - I get the same error message. It's hard to say if this is the result of anti-virus (I use Norton), but I have always disabled this before starting FS and ActiveSky. Another culprit might be firewalls. All in all, this is very frustrating not knowing what to do!