Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbastos123

Instant haze transition

Guest jbastos123

I bought AS2004.5 a few days ago, mainly because i read in the avsim forums that the instant haze transition problem with FS2004 was resolved, and while i can see improvements in other weather conditions, i don

Guest Agrajag

Jorge, I have the same situation you describe. I'd be flying around and everything around me would be entirely clear and then, instantly, I'd be surrounded by haze and then just as instantly, the haze would vanish and everything around me would be clear again.So many people talk about how this has been removed that I too believe we must have something set wrong. I am glad the FS9 Haze around mountains is finally corrected. That was just terrible.

Guest Agrajag

Here's mine (BTW, Render to Texture is off though a couple Plane providers are saying this is bad as I could lose details on their planes)://AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsRichMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Guest jbastos123

If i turn off Render to Texture, FS crashs when loading, i have a Radeon 9800 Pro.AS2004.ini in attachment.Jorge Bastos

Guest jbastos123

The FSW clouds in DXT textures were causing the CTD with the render to texture option disable.Here are 2 screenshots with render to texture disable and max visibility to 50, the altimeter difference is less than 100 feet and the transition from one screenshot to another is instantanious.Jorge Bastos

Guest jbastos123

I didn't save that METAR, but here's one from yesterday at MMMX, 19 feet difference from one screenshot to another, screenshot of AS2004.5 inclueded.Jorge Bastos

Guest jubjub

MMMX has been driving me nuts lately and I know why. The elevation of the airport is around 7000ft asl and there is typically a cloud layer reported in the metar for around that level. What happens is you'll fly into the area at 9000ft and it's clear, but you can see the cloud layer hanging in the mountains. As soon as you drop down to around 8000 ft your into the cloud layer and it depicts very hazy. I'm not sure how this would be fixed, but I've flown into MMMX on several occasions and always receive the very same instant visibility reduction at approximately the same altitude every time.

Guest jubjub

Jim, is there anything to my observation? If so would there be any types of workarounds?

Hi jubjub,Damian and I both flew out of MMMX to test things out and here is the deal. There are some limitations in FS that we are up against and visibility transitions with few clouds is one of them. Damian is working still to make this better, but for now under low vis. and few clouds the best suggestion is to enable the FS9Haze Layer. We will continue to work on this issue!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg