Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ed Lin

Active Radar Flight Plan Problem

Guest Ed Lin

I have scoured this site and scratched a three inch hole in my head trying to figure this one out.Using Active Radar over WideFS. Version is Active Sky v4.5, both pcs running Windows XP sp1 and latest MS updates. The problem is this --I run Active Sky on a WideFS pc. Connects with the FS9.1 pc without a hitch -- flawless! I load Active Radar on the FS9.1 pc and it pops up fine. I turn it on, click "planning" to load my flight plan. I select the flight plan and...there are no waypoints in the plan. It tells me that I may need to click the update option, but there are no waypoints.Oddly, this had been working fine until the last few days. I've re-run the activeconnector2.exe from the WideFS pc twice now.Yes, I have a mapping of the root drive from the WideFS pc on my FS9.1 pc (L:).Yes, I've rerun the install routine for AS4.5 on the WideFS pc!Yes, I have version 3.40 of fsuipc.dll...and registered!Yes, I have the activeradar.dll in Modules and Active Radar directory on the FS9.1 pc.Yes, I've checked the permissions on the WideFS pc!Yes, I've cheched the registry for the Active Radar statement and it exists properly.Any help or clues where to look next appreciated. Thanks!Ed Lin, D.O.S.:-hang

Guest Ed Lin

Hi Jim!I've all along been creating plans with FSNavigator and going the export to FS9.1 route all along without a problem. I'll tinker with this -- a straight FS9.1 flightplan vs. FSNav and see if it makes a difference and get back to you. Thanks.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Guest Ed Lin

Jim,Creating the flight plan with the default FS9.1 flight planner resolved the issue whereas the flight plans, exported to FS9 format created with FSNav still showed the problem.What I seem to have to do now is create the flight plan with FSNav, export to FS9.1, open the plan in the FS9.1 flight planner and save it. What's curious here is why, after months of successfully opening flight plans created by FSNav and exported to FS9 format, Active Radar suddenly decides it doesn't like this anymore?Thanks for your help. :-yellow1Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Hi Ed,The solution for now is to always use a native FS04 plan. It's OK to use 3rd party software, but you must open the plan in FS04 and then re-save it. Then the re-saved plan should always work in AR. We are working on this for a future release.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Ed Lin

Thank you so much. Continued success to you!Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Hi,AS2004.5 will automatically convert it to proper compatible FS9 format IF you load the plan in AS. If you're not loading it in AS it will never convert it... Maybe that is what has changed?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Ed Lin

Hi Damian!I always load AS first on the WideFS pc and import the flight plan. As a double-check, I did this again as a test -- I created the flight plan with FSNav, exported to FS9, loaded in AS4.5 on the WideFS pc, imported and let it compile the waypoints.Then, when it was finished, I did the ctrl-f12 to load Active Radar on the FS pc, loaded the same flight plan and...no waypoints.I had to save the flight plan in FS9 with the FS9 flight planner, then load again in Active Radar for the waypoints to be apparent.Thanks for your response. It's not a big deal to have to save in FS9 with it's flight planner, but it is "one more little nuance" we workaround with to enjoy this experience called flight simulation.:-rollI don't recall this being an issue until the last few days. I don't even recall it being an issue when I installed the latest "official" version. Jim notes that it seems to be a known issue, yet it seems to only have creeped up for me recently. Strange.Ed Lin, D.O.S.:-hmmm