Sign in to follow this  

Flight One DC-9 Update

Hi Tom,This is a Service Release "Candidate"Which means we are still working on a few other issues and allowing the public access and testing of the release prior to an "official" release. We will most likly have a (2) and (3) version before having an official release available.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Hello Jim,Please let us know when a CD is available. Thank you!!!!!Erv/KSDF

Guest ha5mvo

will it there be a modification of the flight dynamics?I have already filed for a refund due to what i feel a very unrealistic air file, however, the prospects of a patch made me delay such an action. It will make an excellent pack if only the flight behaviour will have SOME resemblence to the way this bird really flies.To be fair I never had a chance to fly a DC9 (not even as a passenger...:) ) but I have plenty of time on the 707 so I have a vague idea on how it should behave.The major problem I come across is usually the acceleation/decceleration and the lift characteristics. I am not a developer so I wouldn't know how feasible it is to come close to reality, not just on the numbers but also (and more importantly) on the handling of the craft, yet there are several models out there which IMHO are as close as it gets, so to speak.cheersHa5

Guest TimD

"I have already filed for a refund due to what i feel a very unrealistic air file, however, the prospects of a patch made me delay such an action." It will make an excellent pack if only the flight behaviour will have SOME resemblence to the way this bird really flies."And then..."To be fair I never had a chance to fly a DC9 (not even as a passenger"What's wrong with this picture?http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg

Tim. Having been the unwarranted victim of one of your diatribes in your own forum, may I respectfully suggest that sarcasm is not a helpful attribute when offering customer support. Sure, the post was illogical, but your response is unlikely to make the customer any happier. As they say in the part of the world where I come from, "If in doubt - say nowt".Andy EGTR

Guest ha5mvo

Put a bus driver on a bike and tell him it's a truck simulator, don't be suprised if he says that something is totaly wrong with THIS picture.got it now Tim?? follow the logic??? need further explanation???BTW, never botherd to answer my question,will there be a fix for the air file?HA5

>will there be a fix for the air file? It would help immensly if those who claim there is something wrong with some airfile stated excatly what their qualifications are. And they better state exactly what is wrong, how they tested it, how repeatable is problem and what other factors may be at play. And some numbers would not hurt. So far most of those claims are self-contradictory and offer little in substance. Just my $0.02.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest EGLD

I'm in quite a unique situation here, not that I'm a real pilot, but yesterday I flew a DC-9 simulator. My first time in a real simOf course, the first thing I did upon my return was buy the Flight 1 DC9 !! :)Having set my joystick sensitivities to the absolute minimum and set the null zones to about half, I think your DC-9 flys like a dreamAnd I found, when setting the pitch and speed as the Captain suggested in the real sim, that the aircraft performed almost exactly the same throughout takeoff, approach and landingAgain, not that I'm a real pilot, but having literally just walked out of a real DC-9-32 sim onto FS2002, I'm astounded at how realistic this product is. Please consider my opinion alongside those who say the airfile sucks, as to me, it quite simply does notCongrats on a job well done Flight1

Thank You Geoff,We never claimed it was as real as it gets, but your compliment goes a long way toward validating that we worked very hard to accomplish a very reasonable FS based model. We are and still will be working to refine it even further.Thanks again,Regards,Jim Rhoads

>I'm in quite a unique situation here, not that I'm a real >pilot, but yesterday I flew a DC-9 simulator. My first time >in a real sim >I thought it was practically impossible after 9/11 for an amateur to gain access to a professional sim ... Michael J.

Guest Simicro

Andy,I too have been victim of a Tim's diatribe in the past in "their" forum. I do not like that form of sarcasm either.Tony

I trust Ma5 should have an idea about the flight dynamics of the DC-9 with experience in the 707. I myself have heard they are the close to the same.However, Ma5, I think you have jumped the gun on this one. I do not mean any disrespect, but I think you assumed to much!Flight1 never stated the flight dynamics was like the real thing. What they stated is "The Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 has been developed for Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2002 and takes advantage of the latest design techniques while providing the look and feel of an older and classic DC-9 style cockpit". When they state, "feel" they are not talking about the flight dynamics, they are talking about the cockpit procedures for "a more realistic experience and proper pilot perspective", i.e. how much work it is to fly a classic. If you can find anywhere on Flight1 web page, forum where flight1 has made a claim the flight dynamics "are as real as it gets" or statements from so called "Real pilots that say it flies like the real thing", anywhere Jim and the Flight1 group has made such claims, you don't need a refund, I will give you the money you put out. I do not work for flight1, however I have experience to know that Jim and the Flight1 group are a class act and what they do is "tops"!Again no disrespect, however you stated, "To be fair I never had a chance to fly a DC9 (not even as a passenger... ) but I have plenty of time on the 707 so I have a vague idea on how it should behave."I have never dated a Super Model, However I have dated women who weren't Super Models. I have a vague idea how it would be like. I wonder how close my ideas are?Bill