Sign in to follow this  

I just bought the AS yesterday but when I try to use the engine icon to open the program, I get a runtime error 372, then it says "Failed to load control 'ChilkatZip" from CchilkatZip.dll. Your version of ChilkatZip.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."............this doen't make any sense to me, but am not a computer whizz so that is not unusuall. Can you tell me how to update the ChilkatZip or fix this......I did a search and found this in FS 9, and also looked up on web, but no info so far.........Funny, I have another Windows on another drive (just for stuff other than FS) and there , when I click on the engine icon, the Main Interface panel comes up, but that is no good as FS is in a separate Windows...............Suggestions???? Thanks for your help and anxious to see this in action!!RLeon6553@yahoo.com

Jim, thanks for the suggestion, but how do I uninstall??there is no uninstall program that I can see, just install........please be specific as I am not totally familiar with this process, thanks

Thanks, I did use the add/remove but Active Sky nor AS2004.5 showed up to remove.do not know why, but I thought I would make anew folder and download that to the D. drive and then send to FS9 (E.) drive, and let the new download (with Norton antivirus off) overwrite the defective AS2004.5 is this a good plan?? if so , how do I get a new download going?? do I have to enter the creid card info and go to checkout or is there a step I am missing?? Thanks

Jim, I just did a new download with the Norton off.....I get the AS2004.5 icon on the desktop (in the FS 9 program drive) but still when I click on it I still get this Chilkat error........I can get the Radar screen on but does not pick up any local data.....I have downloaded the original program in my downloads D. drive and there the Main Interface panel comes up........but not in Flight Sim drive E. where am I going wrong???frustrating to say the least!!

Hi,Let's start over!:1. You purchased AS 2004.5 from SimMarket.com correct?2. You are a new user with no AS up to now right?3. You downloaded a .zip file from SimMarket?4. You unzipped this file and found a setup icon?5. A click on this started up the installation process where you may have pointed to your FS04 folder?6. You got to a point where you entered your customer #?I need to see where you are at and then see where we go from here!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Jim, yes to all I have all of the various folders in the modules folder of FS9 and I have the startup icon on the desktop of my E. drive where FS9 is located, that is where the problem starts...when I click on the AS icon , I get this Chilkat error message..........question, how do I update the Chilkat or fix that??? really appreciate your help

OK,Let's try this:Go back to that Setup icon that you used when you first installed AS. Clicking on that should bring up some choices, choose Repair and see what happens. If this doesn't work then do the same thing and choose Remove. Then you can try from scratch.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

IT WORKED!! Not exactly sure what I did but did use a different download symbol and now the whole thing shows up in FS9........terrific!! also I used the wrong method for download from your site so have a new customer number which hopefully can be voided....sorry about my error...........looking forward to learning how to use this regards

Hi,It is a legit file and necessary for the operation of AS. You are not installing spyware and we are NOT putting ads onto your computer.http://research.pestpatrol.com/Analyses/20...9-16_200205.aspHere is the website:http://www.chilkatsoft.com/default.aspHope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg