Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Thinking of buying AS and have some questions

Hi,Have been thinking I might buy AS since I heard lots of people say it's a great add-on but have a few questions.What in FS changes with AS - the clouds, the lighting, the sky in itself or all of them?Two things I noticed that I don't like when using the built-in FS weather is that the clouds sometimes are very "edgy" near mountain tops when looking down and the other thing is that when flying at night, the sky never seems as black as it is IRL but instead has this kind of shimmering effect in strange coulours when you're at your cruise altitude and looking straight ahead/up.Will Active Sky improve these things and part from those, what more is improved when using AS in comparison to the built-in weather in FS?Thanks in advance,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,Thanks for your interest in our product!First, there are may comparison threads out on the General Forum and many of our features are listed at our web site.AS does change the cloud balance a bit. It contains no textures so it uses whatever cloud, lighting, and sky textures you have installed. However it does use these things in different combinations.The mountain effect is due to cloud textures and we recommend using FSW clouds to smooth this out. AS by itself will not.If you need more please let us know!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi Jim,Thanks for your answer, will have a look in the forums and probably end up buying your product considering all great comments I've read about it.

Richard Åsberg

Hi Jim,Bought your product the other day and I'm very satisfied, can clearly see now where all the positive feedback came from!Haven't had the time to do more than a couple of flights so far but I'm already truly amazed how beautiful AS generates the sky in FS and I'm really looking forward to see more of what AS can do for the weather environment in FS...and maybe I'll also try FS Sky World 2004 now that it has been released. Here in Stockholm, Sweden it's snowing today - will be very fun to experience this in FS when I get home after work :-)Thanks alot for all the hard work put in to end up with this kind of stunning add-on!

Richard Åsberg