Sign in to follow this  
Guest icestorm40

No overcast?

Guest icestorm40

I have installed Chris Willis's Fs Sky World 2004 and it looks great,however I am now having a problem. I am flying out of KEGT which uses KIAB as the initial wx station for active sky. It is currently raining and overcast which active sky correctly shows the rain and clouds all about but no overcast. This has only happened since installing Sky World 2004.I have attached a copy of my ini. file.//AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 4080WindowPosY = 2970DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 2000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 20MinimumVisibility = 20MaximumVisibility = 60LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsCharlesMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = FalseStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = FalseOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueThanks for any help,Ice

Guest icestorm40

This is what was recorded in the Current_wx_snapshot.txt file:KIAB::KIAB 171255Z 17008KT 2 1/2SM -RA BR SCT002 OVC005 16/16 A3019 RMK SLP222 WR//::KIAB 171010 16009KT 3200 -RA BR SCT002 OVC005 QNH3018INS BECMG 1617 14005KT 4800 SHRA BR BKN010 OVC020 QNH3010INS BECMG 2324 14006KT 1600 -DZ BR OVC005 QNH3010INS T17/11Z T15/09Z::169,014,16.0/194,028,12.5/207,025,09.7/205,032,01.6/202,025,-11.5/197,021,-23.9/201,015,-40.1/206,025,-50.7/209,035,-62.8

One other thing I just noticed: your minimum visibility is set to 20. That means that you will never get a visibility lower than 20 miles. That may be why you are seeing no overcast. Try setting that value to zero.Edit: also your local supression range should be 100. It may be time for you to start with the Normal Defaults.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest icestorm40

It was raining at KEGT but the clouds only appeared around me. KIAB is approximately 30 miles from KEGT, also if I flew twenty or thirty miles North or South it would become overcast.Thanks,IceI just saw your suggestions after I submitted this, I will give them a try, it is just that these are the options I have been using for a while with no problem until now????????Thanks,Ice

Hi, Fs Sky World does not change anything in weather data, it just replace the bmp clouds."It was raining at KEGT but the clouds only appeared around me. "It confirm what's I said, fs sky world 2004 do not control the clouds formation or data, it just change the clouds visual.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest icestorm40

Jim and Chris, Thanks, for the help, I did as suggested and everything is working well...........I do by the way love both programs.Thanks again,Ice