Sign in to follow this  
Guest aloft032

Sudden IMC conditions

Guest aloft032

Good People, Seems like a bug. Flying along VFR on top and a second later IMC. Any ideas? V/r, Jack

Guest aloft032

Good Day Jim, Yes then to grey.

Guest Fjorko

HiTo add just another thing i noticed :Flying along - very nice clouds all around and then some of them change in appearance/size even though i have the supression range to 100 miles and in FS9 set the change in weather to NONE.Arn't the clouds i can see around me for 100 miles suppose to NOT change at all in both it's location and appearance.If Jim or anyone can just explain in plain english how this supression ranges work in the lateral sense of the word i.e. looking at it in a horizontal perspective. I do understand the vertical supression range setting.Do the wheater stations that exist 101 miles from your plane update the weather and actually DRAW clouds (if any) 101 miles away and then you FLY into this weather when you GET there, or is the only weather that is depicted on my screen that of the closest station to my plane.....<------trying hard to explain this !!!!;-)All i want to know basically is which stations or whatever actually decides what is drawn on the screen ?Sorry for not making sense...hopefully someone will understand what i'm trying to ask here.Cheers

Hi,Clouds are drawn by FS04 and the graphics system is not 100% perfect. Yes, a cloud here or there may get redrawn a little bit differently while on your computer screen.The Supression Range does not freeze any of the clouds in location or appearance. It means that the stations within the range will not update their METARs if AS updates.Clouds are drawn by your Cloud Draw Distance in FS04.If you are within a 2 mile radius of a station, that station has direct control of the weather. Outside of this range, weather is blended by a number of stations.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi all,We just confimed an issue with FSUIPC 3.411 release that effects AS2004, which can account for these sort of problems.We are waiting for an FSUIPC official update, which should be real soon.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies