Sign in to follow this  
FS4

Weather reported does not match Activesky 2004.5 conditions.

First of all - Great program!!Secondly, how does AS2004 handle multiple weather stations that are close together? I've noticed that it seems to get confused in these situations. For example I was flying at KSFO which was reporting 100 overcast and 1/8 mile vis with fog. KSQL is 10 to 15 miles away and closer to the final for rwy 28r was 1,500 sct 2,000 broken and 7 miles vis. On the ground at KSFO the weather matched fine -- when turning about a 10 mile final for the ILS 28R at KSFO, I could see the airport only to have it drop back to 100 overcast and 1/8 mile vis about 30 seconds after landing. It seem that it was trying to use the KSQL weather. This happens all of the time at different airports. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

Guest Fjorko

Experiencing same thing.... kind of annoying really and it is such a great program

Range is set to 100 and I still get sudden changes in the weather. Also, I am unable to get a full overcast layer even though all nearby stations have OVC in the metar. I remember it working correctly only once, but now every flight has problems. Please help.Thanks

Also, what does Force Destination Weather do and how does it know what your real destination is?Thanks again.

Here it is. Thanks.[General]WindowPosX = 5070WindowPosY = 5220DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = FalseRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

When I brought this same issue up including lack of any effect of Force Destination, Damian suggested he was looking to patch this problem soon, realizing that there was an issue.I think the forum users are getting different answers each time it is posted.See the quote below:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=13240&page=2"Hi Stephan,Thanks for the info here.. I believe we have a confirmed problem with the force destination zone feature. I am looking into this and a few other minor issues for a pending update due soon. Any other information you have regarding this would be much appreciated! Thanks.."Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.com

Greg Clark

Thanks for all of the help.Is this the issue that should be fixed with the posted message about the problem with FSUIPC 3.4?