Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Skyworld Manual and posts are confusing about cloudsets,please clarify once and for all

For Chris Willis or whomever can answerI have read the manual but not installed,and have a couple of questions:1. I am still very confused about the various cloud sets. I currently run HIFPSV2 and am happy with it.The manual first states that the cloud types in FS Sky World are default FS 2004 performance.It then goes on to mention that one can DOWNLOAD FSWHIFPS.zip to improve peformance. Where would one place those textures? How does one select them in FS Skyworld? Do they eliminate the default FS Skyworld clouds that are default performance? Or are they ADDED to all the other sets and if so why not include them in the first place? I still might want to try default performance clouds if I use the high performance clouds, withour manually "installing" them.To add to my confusion Chris over at flightsim.com you state:"FSWHIFPS.ZIP are clouds that ARE INCLUDED in FS Skyworld which are totally new for better performance and works only with FS Skyworld..." which suggests they are already included and then why download them?.The manual says also goes on to say that FS Skyworld also contains the altered sets HIFPSV2 and HIFPS. How does one select/identify them ? How are they different from the downloadable FSWHIFPS set?2. Somebody said in this forum they had to reinstall all of FS 9 because of damaged files during use of or install of FS Skyworld. Someone in reply said read the whole manual! Could you be more specific about what could lead to need to reinstall all of FS 9 < I see several warninings later in the manual>.I am excited to try this out, but I want to be sure I can select/install and unambiguoursly identify good performance cloud sets.I think adding some lines to documentation or stating here clearly once and for all would help a lot of folks out.3. I understand there are problems with some night textures and that an udpdate is due. Should we hold off even installing then? [Mention of this in the other forum made.]Thanks, Greg

Greg Clark

Hi, """"""""The manual first states that the cloud types in FS Sky World are default FS 2004 performance.It then goes on to mention that one can DOWNLOAD FSWHIFPS.zip to improve peformance. Where would one place those textures? How does one select them in FS Skyworld? Do they eliminate the default FS Skyworld clouds that are default performance? Or are they ADDED to all the other sets and if so why not include them in the first place? I still might want to try default performance clouds if I use the high performance clouds, withour manually "installing" them."""""""They eliminate the default fs sky world 2004, it contains default cumulus from fs sky world 2004 cumulus clouds but for better performance.""""""""""""To add to my confusion Chris over at flightsim.com you state:"FSWHIFPS.ZIP are clouds that ARE INCLUDED in FS Skyworld which are totally new for better performance and works only with FS Skyworld..." which suggests they are already included and then why download them?.""""""""I have saidFSWHIFPS.ZIP are clouds that's are included in fs sky world 2004 which are totally new for better performance and works only with fs sky world 2004. (When I said totally new this is means not altered default fs2004 clouds )HIFPSV2.ZIP is default altered clouds for better peformance and are included in fs sky world 2004. """"""""The manual says also goes on to say that FS Skyworld also contains the altered sets HIFPSV2 and HIFPS. How does one select/identify them ? How are they different from the downloadable FSWHIFPS set?""""""""These was already available before in 2 external zip files. They are only included in fs sky world 2004, in cumulus section they are at the end of the list, each set does have a name preview sreenshots, and are the same like the external individual zip files, nothing new.The update is released fswp1.zip.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,After installing and running the program I understand even better, but it leads to one more question. Given the following:1. FS Skyworld contains the default unaltered FS 2004 cloud set.2. It also contains many versions of brand new cloud sets made by Chris that have the same performance [penalty if one likes] that the default FS 2004 clouds do.3. It contain the HIFPS and HIPSv2 sets which are scaled down versions of the DEFAULT FS 2004 cloud sets for better performance.4. FSWHIFPS needs to be downloaded and manually installed and is a scaled down versions of Chris's DEFAULT NEW CLOUDS for FS Skyword for better performance, and installing these overwrites the DEFAULT FS Skyworld Chris's NEW CLOUDS but not the DEFAULT FS 2004 clouds included in the package.Based on this, Chris could a future release of this amazing product not simply include the FSWHIFPS as another option to install along with all the others? Why does one have to give up your default NEW FS Skyworld clouds? If selecting the scaled down versions from the program were possible it would be much easier to compare and choose which of your new clouds works best for an individual computer set up.Thanks for this consideration.Greg

Greg Clark