Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

View Mode Problem

Guest av84fun

This problem is not at all the fault of ActiveSky but like many other FS users (according to posts here and on other forums)I have difficulty toggleing back and forth between full screen and window mode which, of course, is necessary to use AS.The issue is that when trying to get back from window to full screen, I get a black square with a flickering hour glass. The only "workaround" that I am aware of is to use ALT + Enter to switch views and sometimes that works but often it does not.When it doesn't I must shut down FS9 with the CTRL+C keys and then start over which would make AS unusable for me. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest av84fun

Alt/Tab ??? That has no effect other than to launch the FS toobar. Alt/Enter is the only thing, with my version of FS9, that accomplishes the view switch...except for clicking off the check mark in the view tool bar. But trying to get back to full screed by either clicking on the maximize square or checking the full screen view in the tool bar results in the problem I mentioned.I've read tons of complaints about that problem. I guess it's just my bad luck that I'm the only one with both the problem and your software which requires view switching.FYI, I tried Alt/Tab both sequentially and simultaneously. But it didn't work.Thanks anyway.

Guest av84fun

Thanks so much, but it didn't work for me. I wonder if that normal function in Windows is defeated in FS9 due to Alt/? functions like alt/enter etc.On another forum I got the tip to use ctrl/alt/del which solved the problem for me.Thanks,Jim

Thanks,I saw your post in the other Forum and read some stuff. I think our keyboard/Windows/language settings are different. For example, for me the ctrl/alt/delete combination brings up Windows Task Manager. We never got around to asking about that stuff!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg