Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johto

FSUIPC 3.411 and AS not working? Connect problems...

Guest Johto

Hello. I have been using AS 2004.5 now for about month or so. I had FSUIPC 3.4 installed and everything worked ok. Yesterday I installed FSUIPC 3.411 and immediatly AS stopped working. It just complains "cannot connect to FS, please make sure blaahlaah...". I then went back to FSUIPC 3.4 and AS started working again fine! I already found one similar topic of this issue here at avsim, but how come this is not any wider problem? Any info about this issue would be welcome. Thanks!

Guest Johto

>Hi,>>Please make sure that the new FSUIPC.dll ends up in the>Modules folder and that you re-boot after installation.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportOk, just came back from work, and still no joy ;(Of course i made sure that i copied FSUIPC.dll to the Modules directory. I was not 100% sure about the reboot, i was even wondering what good that would do...anyways, i just tried it(reboot), and it still doesn't work :(Here is similar post and problem i found:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...13279&mode=fullOther stuff i have installed lately, was IVAO Client(ivap) but i dont think it has anyting to do with this problem, because AS works just fine with FSUIPC 3.4.I just hope this is some weird thing, and it wont repeat again when the next FSUIP comes along...

Guest Johto

Ok, problem solved. I think FSUIPC was just corrupted or something, because after i downloaded it again, it started to work ;)

Hi,Not sure. We have had a few reports of this, but not anything major. All have been solved with a reboot, a re-install of FSUIPC.dll or a re-download and re-install of FSUIPC.To go back, a user would need to copy and paste the older FSUIPC.dll into the Modules folder and overwrite the newer version.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest RodCat

I have Had AS2004.5 for about a week now and I have had the same problem as these other people.I have tried the above fix, but have had to go back to Ver 3.40 to get As 2004.5 to connect to Fs2004 and work.I have rebooted, installed , uninstalled and still no go! and downloaded even with different browsers. Will only work on my system with 3.40.Oh well at least it works, and works real good for that matter...Thanks Rod...

Hi,Those having such problems with FSUIPC 3.41+, please send your FSUIPC.log file to me (after such failed session) and I can investigate some more... thank you! damianc@hifisim.com

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest RodCat

I have fixed the problem. I downloaded ver 3.411 and saved to a different directory and it is working fine now..Thanks for your help. it was probably something on my end..Rod...

Can I just join this thread as a late comer. I have never been able to get FSUIPC 3.411 working with activesky. I have the latest everything from patches to versions on FS2004 and XP pro SP2. The 2 programs will just not talk to each other. I am running Activesky on a laptop on a LAN and cannot get the two proggies talkin unless I revert to version FSUIPC 3.4. WideFS says we are connected but Activesky says we are not. Is there any chance of beta testing the next version of FSUIPC to see if this has cleared up??Graham

Guest Karlos

The ActiveSky 2004.5 works ok with unregistered copy of the FSUIPC 3.411 RegardsKarlos