Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Distant clouds "popping up"

Guest Fjorko

Can the outside still be hazy though ?

Guest Fjorko

HiTake your time my friend, fix what needs fixing - we can wait. Your product will remain excellent in my books !

Guest Grahm

If an when any changes take place to AS2004, Will ASwxRE be affected in anyway?I'de like to see something done to ASwxRE weather initiation on startup. (At times, it takes FS2002 3 to 5 mins for the types of clouds an layers to appear, Upon startup of FS2002 & ASwxRE-online mode)Also noticed when ATIS reports FEW along with different clouds an layers. The FEW don't show up.Thank you for a great FlighSim add-on!Mike

Guest Fjorko

Hi MikeI actually noticed the same thing last night as well, but thought it might just be the way it was suppose to be...Only after quite a while on one occasion did the "few" clouds show up....and that was after i cleared the weather using FSUIPCBut in general it's been OK....

Hi Mike,Unless a major event happens (like the public server going down for good) wxRE's features are pretty set.3 to 5 minutes is an acceptable time frame and it is the same for AS2004. A lot of stuff happens on that first download!There is a limit on the number of cloud layers that can be drawn. That is why you see some missing.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Edwin

Hi,I just checked: the accepted (is there an official one?) definition of CAVOK is supposed to be "visibility of 10km or more, no clouds below 5,000 feet and no precipitation" so theoretically, hazy conditions would not constitute CAVOK.I am by no means authoritative on this but the above is what my research has shown.Edwin