Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeallen

Sudden changes in weathers/clouds

Guest mikeallen

Hi All,Could anyone explain why i get sudden changes in weather/clouds? i dont seem to have smooth changes.I have listed my AS2004 settings & my fsuipc settings.//AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE[General]History=S54KFMBG0AWHLM6MUE7R7TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=NoAutoTaxiWind=NoWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=YesSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=-4WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=No[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=0SlopeElevator=0SlopeRudder=0[buttons]1=P1,9,K50,82=P1,10,K51,80=P1,8,K49,83=P1,11,K52,8many thanksMike Allen

Guest Fjorko

Read the first sticky on this forum

Guest mikeallen

Hi,What i a have also found is that if i am flying at FL260 say, Atc keeps telling me to go to this altitude although i am already there & the barometer setting is correct.Is this also related to the problems at the moment with AS2004 & FSuipc ?cheersMike

Guest Edwin

Above the transition altitude (which is set at the US standard of 18,000ft in the entire FS world even though it actually varies by airport), you should reset your altimeter to the standard of 29.92Hope this helps.Edwin

Guest 320MAD

Or 1013 Hpa ;) depending where you are from.320MAD

I think he has already set the altimeter back to standard setting as indicated in his post.I have often seen this when using the FS9 real world weather option.AI aircraft are constantly being told to climb or descend to their correct cruising altitude. Also, my own aircraft is usually 200-300 feet off when using real world weather or active sky. I think it is a problem with FS9 itself.Regards,Glenn

Hi all,Yep its an FS thing, been there for quite a few generations back actually. ATC is not properly considering the pressure at a given aircraft's location when determining its altitude. Thus when baro varies more than approx 200-300ft (.2 to .3 inches) from ISA (29.92) you'll get these issues.In wxRE we provided a work-around by limiting baro changes from ISA to .2 inches. We elected not to include this in AS2004 due to the unrealistic representation of baro pressure when this is enabled (more problems made than solved). We're hoping the next FS solves this, and if not, we'll continue to try and find a good solution...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies