Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcworks

Comp. crash

Guest rcworks

Today on two different occasions I had a CTD. Both times about 1 to 1 1/2 hr out. Everything perfect until just out of the blue flight sim just drops. Not a sign of it. AS still active. After the first time I set refresh to 60 min. The second crash was about 60 min. out.After the first time I went to my system event log and didn't really understand that very well but appears comp. was trying to connect to a server and it timed out (over 2min) Seems reasonable that was when AS was refreshing. The message recieved from event log was: The Componet Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the maned server aned the server did not reply within the required timeout period. There may be a deadlock or the program might not have responded to the server initialization code within the timeout period of two min.The symbolic name was EVENT_RPCSS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUTThanks for any help.Ron.ps I tried a search and didn't find really the problem.

Guest rcworks

I did try with it set at 10 min and after about 10 min it did crash. I just now ran it for about 2 hrs. with AS not active and no problems. This has happened before one time that I recall and that time it was about 1 hr into flight. Those are the only 3 times I remember it happening so it isn't all the time but I don't take many long flights. Most less than 1 hr.I have a hardware firewall so there is no software firewall and antivirus settings are normal.ThanksRon

Guest rcworks

I sure hope you mean only the ASThanksRon

Guest rcworks

I think I need to reinstall AS but I do not have the installation file any more and I don't know where it went. I did some housecleaning a while back and may have deleted it. (stupid) I can give you the order # when I purchased it by e-mail if that is needed or if you would tell me how to redownload it I would appreicate it.thanksRonPS also please go over the steps I must do to get this done correct.I am new at this

Hi Ron please e-mail jim@hifisim.com with your order details, he'll be able to forward you a new download. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Same here. I just reinstalled my entire system because of the constant CDT's when running AS. I ran 5 flights from 200 to 2000nm without AS with no problems at all. The last flight I ran with AS from houston to phoenix and suffered a CDT 60nm from landing. Here is the error message I got from the application event log.....The description of Event ID (0) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following is part of the event: 7 My System Specs:Graphics Card- Nvidia GeForce 6800GGT 256MB DDRMemory- 2GB DDR 2700Main Board- Asus P4P800Intel chipsetCPU- Intel P4 2.8 GHZAny help would be appreciated!

No, not using Wide FS. Using 32 Bit clouds and checked to make sure that the sound setting in direct X 9 was set to basic. Also, updated to AS4.5 and have rendered to texture turned off in FS9. Updated 9.1 patch for active camera. Made no tweeks to XP services directory. Hope I don't have to stop using AS to complete a flight. Thanks for any help you can give.

I noticed the same thing only after loading FSSKyWorld 2004.I tried everything from reloads, new drivers, etc.Sadly, the only thing which cured the CTDs was removing FSSkyWorld.I haven't had a CTD since.I know this will upset Chris Willis, but there DOES appear to be some sort of bad interaction going on while this program is installed.Just an observation....I can't prove a thing except through my trial and error method.Glenn D. Willmot>No, not using Wide FS. Using 32 Bit clouds and checked to>make sure that the sound setting in direct X 9 was set to>basic. Also, updated to AS4.5 and have rendered to texture>turned off in FS9. Updated 9.1 patch for active camera. Made>no tweeks to XP services directory. Hope I don't have to stop>using AS to complete a flight. >Thanks for any help you can give.