Sign in to follow this  
Guest metamarty

Project AI Please Help ! I wanna fly !!

Hi all. Hope there is a fast fix for this because I want to get back into the air. I decided to have a go with the new Project AI installer so uninstalled all my airlines to have a clean slate. Whenever I use the new installer to install the new airlines files I get this message :-Error number = 2 Error text = Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier .D

Guest H_Kev55

ProjectAI has a forum to report bugs in the new installer.With all due respect to the many intelligent people that visit this forum, I would suggest you post at ProjectAI so the designer of the installer can answer your question personally.KJdcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d866b9308147336.jpg

Hi H_Kev55I did post to Project AI Forum / Help and New Installer but was not exactly inundated with replies. Apart from your good self it appears. I posted under the handle Vapour_Warrior. I re-installed the old base package and everything went like clockwork from then on. I was under the impression that I did not have to have the old base installed ? Anyway I'm sorted. It would be hard to live without Project AI stuff in FS2002 now.CheersNick

Guest HansGroenewold

Hey Nick,I got the same exact error message when I installed it as well. I did it the same way as you with regards to wanting to start with a clean slate. I also got the error message in the DOS window that said "unable to find or open file airports.txt" and the TTools Compiler just kept running and running, you get that too? I guess we'll have to wait and see if some "intelligent" person comes to our rescue.Hans

Guest frankcubillos

Sounds like you got the old version of the installer. The old installer link was still active when we were updating the site.Go ahead and re-download the installer. Should be fine. I have XP as well and it runs just fine.Thanks for the support---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest metamarty

Same here, I alread posted on www.projectai.com, but no solutions yet. You might try their forum to post additional info on the problem.Marty.

Guest HansGroenewold

I tried downloading the new installer again as recommended and wound up with the same error message. I also notice there is no traffic.bgl file in the my SceneDb/ATC folder as well. I'm also running XP with the Service Pack.Hans

If there is not traffic.bgl file, the installer, actually TDecompiler.exe doesn't have anything to decompile and you will receive errors. Either get the default traffic.bgl from your fs2002 CDs or find one that you might have had prior and place it in the fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder.Another thing I read at the Project AI new installer bug forum is that you cannot uninstall both the commercial and general aviation default files before you load at least one airline file. You can uninstall one or the other but not both prior to loading at least one airline file. This goes back to TDecompile.exe not having anything to decompile.I strongly recommend you visit Project AI's new installer bug forum on a regular basis for help and for posting your problems.

Guest frankcubillos

Please do post in the Bugs forum. Olivier is the wizard that developed it so he is only looking in that forum.No worries we will get it figured out! :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest metamarty

I think the missing traffic.bgl is the solution. I always had an traffic.bgl until I deinstalled the old PAI packages. I found a file called "traffic_ORIGINAL.bbb". I think this is the old traffic.bgl. Copying this file as "traffic.bgl" resolved the problem for me.I already posted this solution on the PAI forum, so I have they can include a check for this file in the next release.Marty.