Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

A couple of ideas?

Guest flight

Hey AS2004.5 crew,The other day I started FS9 as usual. First I select a random set from Chris Willis' excellent program, then I double click fscamera 1.4 (another excellent program) which automatically starts FS9. Once loaded at my last landed airport in a cold dark cockpit, I go into FS9's weather and select "clear skies", then into FSUIPC and click "clear all weather" and "load minimums", then I leave the window small and double click AS2004.5. I wait till the weather has finished loading, then go to full screen to tune ATC. Here is what I was wondering if these two simple (at least to me they're simple) ideas could be implemented.1. Have a toggle in AS2004.5 that would have it automatically load when FS9 loads.and two, which is the more important one,2. Have a toggle in AS2004.5 that automatically puts in the COM the nearest weather report. Not the one built into AS2004.5, but have it automatically put in the digits in the COM so that once the weather is loaded it triggers ATC into giving a weather report. This way, instead of sitting and watching all those weather stations load, I could be going through the startup process, or taxiing over to a fueling station while the weather is loading. Then once ATC automatically came on informing me of the weather, I'd know the program had finished loading the weather.Just a couple of ideas to help immerse me into the flight. I understand that my knowledge of programming is soo very limited that I could be asking for something that requires a lot more work than it's actually worth, but I thought I'd just suggest them and see. Thanks again for this sweet, sweet, weather program.

Hello,Point 1 can be solved with FSAutostart , it can start AS after FS9 is started.I like the idea of your point 2.1 question : you write : "I go into FS9's weather and select "clear skies", then into FSUIPC and click "clear all weather" and "load minimums" do have to do this before each start of AS2004?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi All,For #2: Not sure if it is possible to tap into the FS data base for the COM codes. Then there is the issue of refreshing FS ATIS after AS loads and processes the weather. You cannot listen to the weather before it is loaded. Another user has suggested some kind of audio sound to mark when AS is done with the weather processing.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest flight

I have tried FSAutostart. I get no performance gain using it. Most, if not all of the services I'd have it shut down I already have turned off anyways, so it's just another program running in the background. I just thought it would be nice to have AS2004.5 automatically start FS9.And yes, everytime I start AS2004.5, as well as if I transport to another location (not fly, but via the "go to airport" or flight planner) I always go into the FS9 menu and select clear skies, and then to FSUIPC and clear the weather and select minimum defaults. You probably don't have to do it when you "transport" to another location, but I do just to be sure the weather I'm getting is the "real" weather. I've seen AS2004.5 seemingly clear the weather itself and load the new weather whenever I transport; at least it seems to. But just to be sure I always clear it. I have very few if any of the problems I read others are having with AS2004.5. Maybe this is why, but I have a tendency to believe it's because I don't dowload a lot of add-ons. The add-ons seem to wreak havok with AS2004.5. Of course I could be wrong w/ that assumption as well.

Since you use FSUIPC just download the freeware program FSUIPCRunOptions from Pete Dowson's site.I use it to start AS when I start FS9.I also use FSAutoStart but for a different scenario. Most of the time I don't bother shutting down services, etc when I'm flying - I find no gain to doing that at all. But when I'm flying multiplayer online, I prefer to "clean out" my system. In any event, I use FSRunOPtions all the time.HTH,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest flight

Thanx for the advice. I'll give that a try.