Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Radar Contact & Active Sky.

Hi AllJust thought I would pass on to others who use Radar Contact what I have done about the long pauses which the user can incorporate into the Radar Contact Program.Those using Radar Contact can Pause FS2004 for any amount of time from minutes to days.I have found that by using this program with Active Sky that the destination weather if paused for a long period of time, generally will not match the actual weather which is being broadcast by Flightwatch.To get around this I do not generate a route via Active Sky, but simply download the weather at initial setup and once in the program the weather is updated every 10 min.The downside to this method is you will not be able to use active Radar or receive your destination weather when tuning in 122.0.The upside is that at 50 miles from your destination Radar Contact will provide you with the destination weather, and so far I have found that it coincides with Flight Watch weather report at your destination regardles how long the programed has been paused.I understand that this way of setting up Active Sky is not for everyone but it works for me.Enjoy your flights.Kenny G.

>Hi All>Just thought I would pass on to others who use Radar Contact>what I have done about the long pauses which the user can>incorporate into the Radar Contact Program.>Those using Radar Contact can Pause FS2004 for any amount of>time from minutes to days.>I have found that by using this program with Active Sky that>the destination weather if paused for a long period of time,>generally will not match the actual weather which is being>broadcast by Flightwatch.>To get around this I do not generate a route via Active Sky,>but simply download the weather at initial setup and once in>the program the weather is updated every 10 min.>The downside to this method is you will not be able to use>active Radar or receive your destination weather when tuning>in 122.0.>The upside is that at 50 miles from your destination Radar>Contact will provide you with the destination weather, and so>far I have found that it coincides with Flight Watch weather>report at your destination regardles how long the programed>has been paused.>I understand that this way of setting up Active Sky is not for>everyone but it works for me.>Enjoy your flights.>>Kenny G.Line 6 to 8 should read: The correct Active Sky weather for your destination does not correspond with the Weather broadcast by Flightwatch.Hope I haven't made this simple thread to confusing.:)>