Sign in to follow this  
Guest ohioguy

correct rnwy problems

Guest ohioguy

FS9 ATC always gives me the wrong t/o rnwy based on AS weather wind. I followed the instructions and cleared wx through fsuipc. I also load Activesky before loading my flightplan in FS9. Tonight I tried a kday-kmdw. Winds at kday were 270/30 in ActiveSky, which should've given me a t/o rnwy of 24 something, instead FS atc instructed me to 6L. How do I get ActiveSky to blend with FS9 ATC instructions? FS9 seems like it gives t/o instructions based on no weather except default weather after I set FSUIPC to "clear weather". Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris,You have 2 solutions to this problem.1. when FS is started, change the time by +/- 1 or 5 minutes, this will reset the AI traffic and the metar will be refreshed. The ATC will now use the appropriate Rwy.2. Start AS in paused mode. When FS is fully started, just hit the refresh button.RgdsDidier /LSGG

FWIW, In addition to the above fixes, I have also found that you may need to check-on the "Enable Wind Smoothing only when airborne" box found in the later versions of FSUIPC. Even though you reset the AI and ATC, if you have a large wind difference, the wind will still be slowly "smoothing" causing the same error.AlKCHS

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest ohioguy

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it tonight.

Guest ohioguy

Wait a second, I just thought of something. I start Active Sky after FS is up and running with traffic and everything, I'm wondering what changing the time would do. Oh well, I guess I should just give it a try. Thanks again.

Look for a thread in this forum called AI refresh.The problem is that whether you start FS9 first or AS paused and refresh, etc., that FS establishes its ATIS and AI patterns before AS has completed its weather writes. ATIS and AI needs to be refreshed AFTER the weather writes have completed.There are two ways to accomplish the refresh after weather writes have completed:1. Adjust the time a minute forward then back as noted by another poster.2. If you have the fully registered FSUIPC in the buttons assignment you will find a Toggle AI function (not available in FS9 button or key assignments) that can be mapped to a key. I unassigned Ctrl-T in FS9 and assigned it in FSUIPC to the this function (control-traffic). When the weather writes have completed I toggle the AI off and then toggle it on after a few seconds. This updates ATIS and restarts AI going in the correct patterns for the now current weather.I have requested the AI toggle be programmed into AS as an option to occur at the end of startup or refresh action weather writes.

Guest ohioguy

Thanks for the Forest Gump friendly explaination :)