Sign in to follow this  
Guest MjMcFitzy

ActiveRadar and eDimensional 3D glasses

Guest MjMcFitzy

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has succesfully combined ActiveRadar and the eDimensional 3D glasses? Whenever I activate ActiveRadar the glasses stop working (the right image becomes frozen).. I assume this has something to do with the fact the radar is running as a seperate window on top of FS2004?I'm only new to ActiveSky (just got AS2004.5), so I don't know if I've missed something, but I would dearly love to get the Radar working with the glasses..FS2004 looks too good in 3D to go without the glasses, so it looks like for now the Radar will have to go! (unfortunately)Is there any way to get the radar "inside" FS2004 (i.e. on a panel or the like?)Hoping someone can help..-Michael

Guest Erups

When you change focus to FS do the glasses start to work again?If so, it can't be helped but by getting another monitor and running ARadar on that seconday monitor.Usually the software driving this kind of devices (the glasses) is able to recognize the type of application running on top (as to say "focused") and determine wether it is a game or not, so driving the glasses.If it recognize another app, it stops driving the glasses.

Guest MjMcFitzy

Thanks guys, both good suggestions, I will try some different nVidia drivers.. (anyone got suggestions on the most stable version?)I suspect the problem is like you said the glasses 'lose focus' of the game, so hopefully changing the drivers will help..The strange part is the left-hand image keeps refreshing, but the right one does not.. makes it a bit confusing when one eye is looking down the runway, and the other still thinks you're parked at the gate!Anyway, thanks again-Michael

Guest Erups

>The strange part is the left-hand image keeps refreshing, but>the right one does not.. makes it a bit confusing when one>eye is looking down the runway, and the other still thinks>you're parked at the gate!Pardon me: how is this possible?I thought these glasses were of the polarizing type, obscuring one eye at a time, and looking at the edimensional web i still think it is this way.If so how could it be you're seeing two complitely different images????Btw i just read that these new glasses are compatible with LCD screens too, can you confirm?

Guest MjMcFitzy

A little confusing I know :-)Not sure how to explain it, so here goes....What happens is the screen (normally) draws a slightly different image for each eye to give the stereo effect.. (and the glasses bloock the opposite eye while the monitor displays the image)What happens when you enable the Radar is that the right-hand image becomes a frozen (i.e a screenshot of what the screen looked like the instant you enabled the radar) So when the screen displays the left-hand image, you see the correct picture (current position), but when it flips to show the right-hand image, you see that frozen snap-shot..(so if you close your right-eye, you see the 'live' image, if you close your left-eye you see the frozen image - and therefore you're in two places at once!)My glasses are the pre-LCD model, so they don't work with an LCD monitor (not that I've attempted it yet)Hope that made sense!Cheers,-Michael

Guest Erups

Yes it makes sense enough...But does the refocusing on FS bring them to life again or not?

Guest MjMcFitzy

Just spent a few minutes attempting every combination of clicking, minimising, maximising, ALT-Tabbing (and anything else i could think of), but no, there seems to be no way to fix the image with the Radar open.. As soon as you close the radar it works again.. :-(

Hi,Very strange, something perhaps related to the focus of windows or some kind of video issue related to 2D over 3D? Do you use 2D or 3D cockpits? What is your render to texture setting? You may want to contact the manufacturer and see if they are familiar with this symptom. I would be willing to work with them to find a resolution if you can refer me to an appropriate contact... Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MjMcFitzy

I did some reading last night and came across this thread:http://forums.stereovision.net/viewtopic.p...=1709&forum=5&9people are having the same problem with FS2004 and another product "fsforce" I think it is either nVidia drivers or FS2004 causing the problem (I suspect it's the video drivers though, as the glasses themselves don't require any software) I've turned Render to Texture off after reading that this can cause flickering.. I mainly fly in 3D cockpits, although I've tried both and it makes no difference (in fact it happens regardless of the view you're using etc).. I don't think it's your software doing anything specific to cause this, more the fact that it is the drivers not being able to handle a window on top of the game it is rendering.. I'm sure that I could get this to happen in other games aswell, in fact, I recall this happened in Half Life 2, although I had no windows on top of that at the time..So I guess the only people that could help would be nVidia or Microsoft, as I don't have any eDimensional software installed (their instructions say to grab the latest nVidia drivers and use those instead of eDimensional's software)... Thanks heaps for your help so far, I must say AS2004 is an awesome product (just had some big storms here yesterday and it was great to see them faithfully recreated in the sim!)