Sign in to follow this  
Guest hlm65

Strange weather depiction

Guest hlm65

Hi Damian and Jim,yesterday I flew a KBOS-KORD flight and got incorrect weather at KORD.Did everything as usual: cleared wx thru FSUIPC (unregistered), started AS2004, made saved wx active, imported plan, refreshed.KBOS and enroute weather: AS2004=FS9 rendering, winds aloft slightly different but as I put the predictability at 90 % it's exactly what I expected.KORD: TAF was controlling (Zulu was 17) and was forecasting 30015G22KT 1SM -RA BR OVC003. The altimeter was 29.37 as on the METAR (0956Z or so; I assume that AS is NOT able to simulate an altimeter drifting over time if Online update is OFF. This could be a nice enhancment in a future update: the ability to tell AS if we want an altimeter drift and of what amplitude in a time span). I was prepared to get a nice cat I approach just to the minimums...The FS9 ATIS was (almost) correct in saying 30013KT (this was the same as the original METAR) 1SM -RA OVC003 A29.37 Instead I got: altimeter wildly fluctuating (I got 29.92 then 29.60 then 29.82 then 29.70 by the ATC, never close to the reported one, so my altitudes were a bit out of synch!), visibility was 10SM (or more), no rain at all (except a small shower at about 15NM out) and the clouds were (my estimate) SCT006 BKN020 (quite similar to original METAR).My settings were: Offline/TAF processing enabled/10Z 07DEC weather set/suppression range 100NM/winds smoothing via FSUIPC/enhanced overcast/fog layer enabled/FS haze disabled.Any idea ?Thanks for your support !

Guest hlm65

FS time on, system time off.And Jim, it's not the first time my destination wx is not matching the ATIS...But this time it's much way off the ATIS...Thanks for your help.

Hi Enrico, This could be related to problems with AS/FSUIPC 3.411. Which version are you using? There is an AS update as well as an FSUIPC update which will be available very soon (in the next couple days hopefully) which solves wx inconsistency problems. If you are able to duplicate any oddities shoot me an e-mail damianc@hifisim.com and I'll send you some tests to verify it is indeed fixed. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest hlm65

Hi damian,I read of something new coming up in the next days.I'm using FSUIPC 3.40 and this wx inconsistency is really new to me.I'll fly again Sunday and let you know if I get again something weird.Many thanks.

This is a very interesting report - using FS realworld weather (static) I had the same thing happen coming out of KPHX. The pressure got up into the 43+ inch range... I wonder if something was screwy in the source systems that day. I'm not sure this is related to AS or FSUIPC at all. I didn't happen to use AS on that flight - got lazy.DJ