Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 Beta Update Now Available - B163

Guest reconmercs

ok..heres the problem it seem all I get is solid gray(not even overcast) skies...it happens alot below 1000 ft then once I get over that altitude(sometimes higher) the worker renders properly. Sometimes the weather will load properly then it looks like its "erasing" itself and will go to a solid gray sky then again once I get to over 1000 ft the weather renders correctly..this problems is REALLY starting to irritate me and it takes alot away from the experience. I know I can't be the only on having this problem...oh and it happened with previous versions as well not just the beta

Damian,Email sent. PS I'm using the release version of AS2004.5, not the current beta, if that's any help.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Damian,Reporting back after my first day of flogging the 165 beta you sent me. So far, no "error during decompression" error messages since installing the beta, and I've been flying around 6hrs today (OK, so I'm on holidays and FS is my obsession :)). Excellent response time, and excellent results so far - no more nagging "error during decompression" dialog boes that had been previously interrupting my FS weather experience, and smoother weather overall. Have a good break until 3 Jan 05 - you guys (Jim too) deserve it!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest reconmercs

umm, now that yall have got Gary squared away..could I get some assistance on the "constant gray skies" issue..what do yall need from me? Des

Hi Des,Try this:Turn off FS9Haze.Set Minimum Vis to 10 and Maximum vis to 59.Of course turn on Use Visibility Limits before this. Do this before starting FS04 or restart FS04 if running already.After this you may need to wait as Damian is on holiday until Jan.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Just reporting an odd happening today.Flight from Rovaniemi to Manchester.METAR for EFRO EFRO 241150Z 10015KT 4000 -SN FEW010 BKN015 BKN018 M05/M07 Q0972Click 'B' to set the Baro on the PMDG 737 and it went to 1014HPa and showed the correct field alt of 650ft.When I adjusted the Baro to 0972 the field alt was -580ft!. never noticed this sort of error before.Winds and temperature were correct in FS.I have the latest build of AS2004.5, run AS on a 2nd PC (and have done for months/years) and have the latest version of FSUIPC & Widefs.Over the holiday period I hope to get some more flying in so will see if I encounter similar problems in case that was just a one-off.Merry Christmas to the team and thanks for the constant updates to an already brilliant utility.

Hi Jim,The data was OK. I flew into EFRO the day before and pressure was 0972HPa and I don't recall the airfield altitude being out when I landed.Also on the EFRO - EGCC trip pressure at EGCC was pretty low so I think it was more a case of AS or Widefs not sending the correct pressure to FS on the other PC for some reason.I will keep my eye on it.Enjoy the holiday period Jim.

Guest reconmercs

Hi, Jim...that seems to have fixed it...I put visibility down to 2 miles and left the max at 59 and all is working fine now. I wonder if it had something to do with there not being anything in the minimun before..oh well thanks again..now I can fully enjoy yalls addon :-)

Just an update on the pressure thing Jim.I have flown a number of times over the holidays and have not encountered that problem again so it must have been 'just one of those things' :-)