Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 Beta Update Now Available - B163

Hi all,Thank you everyone for your help testing and reporting feedback! We are completing changes for a new build which should be ready in a couple days.Thanks!!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Fjorko

Hi DamienWhat will this build update/fix ?

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Jim,I am still having temp problems, sitting on the ground at CYQR, The PMDG aircraft says +15, but outside here at CYQR it is -36C.I do not know how to upload screen shots to the forums to show you, but I did email them to Damian. I do not know how to reduce the resolution to a lower one. The screen shots are 1600*1200, but how do I reduce the resolution. Also do I emmbed them into my message. I am new to this.Also enroute temps are still acting up as well, my weather site says the temps are to be -51 at cruise, but at cruise the temps are much lower, like -27, Am I reading the PMDG gauge wrong.I will be doing some flights soon to verify this.the date for this is 051636ZEdit: the metar for CYQR says 051636Z 13009KT 5SM IC SKC :no temp was showing at allI moved my airplane to CYYC and the metar had -17 for the temp and the PMDG did show -17 on the gauge.-since CYQR was reporting no temp, it applied +15cThanks,

>Edit: the metar for CYQR says 051636Z 13009KT 5SM IC SKC :no>temp was showing at all>I moved my airplane to CYYC and the metar had -17 for the temp>and the PMDG did show -17 on the gauge.Firstly, from the info you give for CYQR the report is a SPECI and not a standard hourly METAR (I double-checked this fact on the NAV CANADA weather site for the specific report you gave). Some Canadian reporting stations (tends to be those with manual observers) do not necessarily report all information as per the hourly METAR in any SPECIs they supply. This means that ActiveSky has to use defaults for the missing temperature/dewpoint and altimeter values.My guess is that when the 051700 hourly METAR came through everything worked correctly with a -35 temp.>-since CYQR was reporting no temp, it applied +15cI raised this issue with missing items from SPECIs causing values going to defaults. The developer did say he would think about ways to keep information from previous METARs if available to combat this.

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi,Thanks for checking this out for me, Last night the temp was reporting the same as well, so I was not sure if something was wrong with my setup since I just did a format on my machine.cheers,

>Also enroute temps are still acting up as well, my weather>site says the temps are to be -51 at cruise, but at cruise the>temps are much lower, like -27, Am I reading the PMDG gauge>wrong.>Hi Vincent,In relation to your enroute temperatures, a -27 reading on the temperature gauge is right. A higher temperature reading is caused by ram air heating (the heat generated by the air ramming into the temperature probe, also known as mach heating). The faster you fly, the warmer the reading. If you would have increased your speed, you would see the temperature rise to maybe -26 to -25. Vice versa if you slowed down.I'm not familiar with the PMDG 737NG, but I do fly real 747-400's. If it is anywhere near realistic, the displays in the cockpit show TAT on top of the secondary EICAS which is True Air Temperature which is Air Temperate NOT corrected for ram air heating. If the PMDG FMC is anywhere accurate, then press PROG on the FMC then NEXT PAGE to page 2 and you should see the wind components, fuel use, etc on this page. On this page should be SAT which is Static Air Temperature which is the outside air temperature CORRECTED for ram air effect.SAT should be close to what Active Sky reports.Hope this helps,DevinCYOW

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks again guys for the replies,Devin,As you can see I have a lot to learn, Next time I am in the air I will take a look at this. It must be pretty exiting flying a real plane, expecially the 747-400. Take care in the skies and make it home safely!happy flying,

I am having the Latest AS beta and teh latest FSUIPC Installed.I have just had an aircraft Overstresed over the Antalntic. I was flying at FL330 with winfs from left at 110 Knots. At each wind change the airspeed was droping frokm .78 to almost stall speed.I tryied Winds smoothing ON and OFF I tryied at FSUIPC to smooth the wind 1 degree every 5 seconds. But nothing.I had passsed the FP at AS for wind smoothing.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

My AS setting are copyied below,Also today witht eh following metar todayLGAV 131750Z 29001KT 4000 BR FEW020 SCT045 BKN070 10/08 Q1021 NOSIGWhile I was Approaching I was in the soup, I could see only 4000 meters but approaching the airport at 500 feet suddenly the vis improved dramaticaly without any Metar cahnge. From 4000m it became 8000+. When I landed I refresed active sky and with te same metar the vis was as expected. Any ideas?Setings//AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 3330WindowPosY = 825DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 50MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 40LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsChrisMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = FalseDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 5VATSIMData = TrueZuluConversion = 2AloftPredictability = 0WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONEChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com