Is anyone else having problems with this ? It may be just how the weather is this time of year, but I've been having more and more instances of instant baro changes, of large enough amounts to upset the aircraft.Anyone else seeing anything similar ? Using B147.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest DZollner

Yes sir, and setting the option for smoothing in FSUIPC doesn't seem to do anything either. I haven't experienced 'severe' shifts as of yet, but did notice a nice 200 foot shift on my way from CLE to LAS this morning.

3.40I'll be waiting for the update from Pete before moving up any further.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Thrust-Master

I've been dealing with (+)3000-7000 v/s on my 737 in these day :)which is more like a rocket :)

Hi all,If you're having these issues, please try B163 (sticky post at top of forum). It addresses some FSUIPC interface concerns and this, and/or the new FSUIPC do out soon, will solve that. It may be the reason the baro is a bit inconsistent...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Thrust-Master

DamianThanks for the frequent updates around the forum. :)

Hey Damian, all..Just to let ya know, B163 didn't fix this here, but lets wait for the new FSUIPC before going any further.To better describe the issue, it is not something tha happens constantly, or in any specific situation; however, when it does happen, it seems to happen in spurts. It usually only sets the plane off by a few hundred feet(which, if you think about it, is pretty rough), but the real problem is when the A/P tries to recover... oi...It reminds me of the wind shifts, but vertically instead of laterally.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Are you using the registered version of FSUIPC?I use the registered version and I have my baro smoothing enabled. The most shift I see is 20 feet or so... but I can tell I'm going through a change in pressure as the altimeter keeps twitching until I reach the new pressure level.Bruce