Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerel2k4

FS9 Shutsdown Unexpectedly

Guest jerel2k4

Flight simulator shuts down unexpectedly when flying. I receive the error messages below from the event log.Any ideas?Has the issue with using Wide FS and ActiveSky been fixed in build 163? I notice Pete Dowson and Activesky are working very closely now.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.Thanks!

Guest jerel2k4

The remote computer is running Windows 98SE. I am running Windows XP Professional on the local machine. No EVENT LOG in Windows 98 SE unfortunately.I turned my sound acceleration to "standard" in DirectX settings to eliminate that widely known CTD cause.Thanks!

Guest jerel2k4

I had two of these today. I am currently sitting at an airport. I leave the computer on all the time. I have AS running now. I am at MMOX. Last night at about 2:25am according to the event log I received the same two messages. I was asleep at the time. AS was the only program running through WideFS at the time. When I fly Radar Contact uses Wide FS connection with AS. I flew today at about 5:15 pm and received the second FS shutdown ... no error messages. Same error messages in event log at 2:25am when not flying (sitting on the tarmac) and 5:55pm in flight. In flight this has happened before but in different places. I checked to make sure I do not have duplicate AFCAD's, and the usual problems where these CTD's occur per other threads in forum.I hope I am giving you enough information to help me.Thanks!Jerel

Guest Edwin

Hi,I'm experiencing a similar problem although I am not sure if they are related. My FS9.1 crashes to the desktop unexpectedly with no error message whatsoever. It doesn't happen too frequently but enough to be quite troublesome when I'm halfway through a flight. I actually have no idea what would cause the problem but I noticed the following in the WideClient log. I have posted this on Pete's FSUIPC forum as well as here. I hope we can work something out.********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 6.41] Class=FS98MAIN *********Date (dmy): 13/12/04, Time 09:42:17.828: Client name is SHUTTLE 94 Attempting to connect now 750 New Client Application: "AS2004" (Id=3180) 1062 Connection made okay! 30703 New Client Application: "FSRealTime" (Id=3020) 3334375 Error on client post-Connection Select() [Error=10053] Software caused connection abort 3334453 Ready to try connection again 3334453 Attempting to connect now 3335391 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused 3335391 Ready to try connection again 3335406 Attempting to connect now 3364922 Reception maximum achieved: 22 frames/sec, 1111 bytes/sec 3364922 Reception average achieved whilst connected: 7 frames/sec, 297 bytes/sec 3364922 Max receive buffer = 711, Max send depth = 2 3364922 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 4, Alloc 41350 Freed 41350 Refused 0) *********Could these errors be the reason for the crash? I am already using the latest video drivers. My setup is as follows:Pentium 4 3.4GHzATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Catalyst 4.12 beta)Corsair TwinX1024-4000PRO2x WD Raptor 360GD (RAID 0) - about 12GB free disk spaceCreative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZSFS9.1ActiveSky 2004.5 build 163 on WideClient (below) - it has happened before on build 147 as well so I doubt it has anything to do with the newer buildFSUIPC 3.411 registeredWideFS 6.41 registeredFSNavigator 4.6PSS Airbus A319/20/21/330/340/ConcordeWideClient installed on a Shuttle SN41G2 with AMD Athlon XP 2500+ and 512MB RAMThanks in advance for any insights!Edwin

Guest Edwin

Hi Jim,Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, Pete will reply soon then. Occasionally, an error message does show up (the generic Windows "closed unexpectedly" error message with an option of whether to send an error report to Microsoft) but in most cases, nothing shows up whatsoever.Just to be clear, I have found no correlation with scenery (it usually happens in the air and can happen anywhere in the world but has happened on the ground as well). Render to texture is turned off. Resolution is at 1600x1200 with no AA. I'm not using FSSKyWorld but am using Chris Willis' HiFPSv2 cloud set.Good job with the latest build 163! Flown with it twice now (from VTBD to VHHH and from VHHH to RJAA) and encountered no problems.Thanks,Edwin

Guest jerel2k4

Pete Dowson is unaware of any problem with AS and Wide FS. Per his reply to my post on his forum.See below:Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:34 am Post subject: Re: "FS9 Shutsdown Unexpectedly" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jerel wrote: Flight simulator shuts down unexpectedly when flying. I receive the error messages below from the event log. Any ideas? No, sorry. There's no useful information in those in any case. If you are still using FS2004 original release, try updating with the FS9.1 update. It fixes a lot of possible "crash to desktop" problems. Quote: Has the issue with using Wide FS and ActiveSky been fixed in build 163? I notice Pete Dowson and Activesky are working very closely now. What issue with WideFS and ActiveSky? None has been notified to me. What a strange thing to say. As for "working closely", I've always supported programmers in interfacing to FSUIPC. Damian in not the only application prtogrammer to receive answers to questions and advice from time to time. Please explain yourself a little more clearly if you want proper answers, eh? Regards, Pete

With the FSW HiFPSv2 cloud set and render to texture off, be sure you have only installed the 32 bit texture set, not DXT.

Guest rcworks

How can I find which {32 bit or DXT} I installed as I don't remember being given a choice and what I understand on the FS Clouds site is we have a option on downloading a fix but nothing about a choice when we orginally download the program. I think I am missing something but don't know what. I can't find anything in properities or anywhere else.ThanksRon

Guest cf_sas

I am experiencing exactly the same problem from time to time. Not using Wide FS and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem when running FS without AS2004.5. My computer is the only machine on the network.I have tried different combinations of cloud textures/settings. Currently I am using FSW 2004 with HiFPS/32bit/256x256 textures and RenderToTexture=off.

Guest fs3tofs9

I had this shutdown as well with the exact same event log messages.That "remote computer" bit is strange, what does it mean? Not using Wide FS.I'm using AS2004 4.5 b163 and FSUIPC 3.411 (unregistered).I have render to texture on and I was using the FSW 128 bit DXT3 (culmulus cloud set E, variation 3 and cirrus 1).I had FS 9.1 minimized at the time during the routine cruise portion of the night flight in a PMDG 737-800.