Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerel2k4

FS9 Shutsdown Unexpectedly

Guest Edwin

Hi,Just to report back a bit on this topic since I had contributed some. I'm still getting the occasional CTD but the latest FSUIPC (3.44) and WideFS (6.44) seem to have improved things a bit.Funnily enough, I had thought that using FSAutoStart would help on this issue but it actually made things worse. I think the idea behind FSAutoStart is fantastic (for those of you who haven't heard about it, it closes some of your programs for you before starting FS and then restarts those same programs when you quit FS) but strangely, I almost always get a CTD if I use FSAutoStart. Not using FSAutoStart doesn't guarantee no CTD but using it almost always gives me a CTD. So for now, I've resorted to closing my unused programs manually before I start FS.Edwin

Guest jerel2k4

Cameron,I installed service pack 2 last night. I got a big performance boost. I am running a P4/3.2, ATI X800 Pro..pretty much same setup as yours. I was cruising at flight altitude and I got the CTD. I got very noticeable stutters (hiccups) then CTD. I got the same crazy event log messages in the application log. This is definately FS related. Even the Event viewer help file says the programmers of the application can determine what these mean. I will call FS support again. I am running out of ideas!Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: Event Category: NoneEvent ID: 0Date: 1/9/2005Time: 10:19:28 AMUser: N/AComputer: GREGORYDescription:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.Data:0000: 3f 3f d1 2a 9f e5 92 2d ??

Guest jerel2k4

Edwin,I am going to suspend use of FS Autostart as well. I am using the Microsoft Clean Boot Procedure with my gaming hardware profile. I downloaded a memory defragmenter also. I will try this configuration and see if this does not lead to better results.How often do you get CTD's when not using FS Autostart?Jerel