Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

Absolutely Amazing !!!!

Guest Fjorko

WellWhat can i say ...... ermmmmmmmmm AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!I found what i did wrong with the update. I did not use the new FSUIPC that comes with the installed update (B163). I was using the version from Pete's website (obviously not the fixed version)NOW AS2004 is even more BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!I got a BEAUTIFUL transition between two different reporting stations!!!!!! Lovely Cumulus@8000Ft to Lovely Stratus@3000 - all wonderfully done and it seemed so nice and REAL!.I had NO cloud pops. The only thing i saw was a colour shift in the distance from Blue'ish to white and then back again, almost as if the weather couldn't make it's own mind up about what the visibility should be, but that was a minor issue and it lasted about 1 sec.But the clouds were constant and the transition was great ! I also descended through those stratus clouds to see if I would get a sudden "grey out" when the visibility changed - I got NONEWent through those clouds smoothly and it looked very natural !!! Nice visibilty graduation as you descend through them.I am now MUCH happierThank you so much Jim and Damien - you made my day !!!By the way - for those that read this remember this:Copy the new FSUIPC.DLL from the MODULESACTIVESKY 2004 to the root of your FS9MODULES folder only AFTER you have installed the update.Have a nice day !TT4NPS. What does it take to become a BETA tester for you guys ?:D

"I found what i did wrong with the update. I did not use the new FSUIPC that comes with the installed update (B163). I was using the version from Pete's website (obviously not the fixed version)"Is this correct - is the version supplied with the update different in some way?I cross checked the two versions - both are version 3.411 abd have the same build information etc. etc. I have loaded the one that came with AS update but doubt it is any different. I suspect the thread starter had an earlier version or the placebo effect has taken over.Andy b

Guest Fjorko

I might be wrong here, but as far as i know, there was fixes made to both AS2004.5 B147 and FSUIPC 3.411 by Pete, so it has changed.....but maybe just not the build version per sayRemember both are PUBLIC BETA's and not the final versons !Cheers

Hi All,Let's be straight here so nobody gets in trouble!! B163 contains fixes and it is packaged with FSUIPC version 3.411, the exact same version that can be found on Pete's host site. We would never release other developers software without them releasing it first or giving us permission to release it. No other version of FSUIPC has been released yet.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Fjorko

Well maybe i was mistaken then - appologies !This is taken from your update readme.txtQUOTE: "Re-designed FSUIPC write processing (thanks to Pete Dowson for his assistance) for better efficiency and less chance of problems related to timestamp changes" END QUOTEI guess the actual file was not changed at all. Sorry about the misunderstanding.Cheers :(

Hi,That applies to AS changes in the FSUIPC write processing methods, not actual FSUIPC changes. While some changes WERE made in FSUIPC by Pete (update pending) which solve the same problem, we are referring to the current AS side of things using 3.411. Sorry for the confusion!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Fjorko

Well..I feared it and my fears became reality....Had a nice old hop around the Western Peninsula ( SA ) and i had good visibility "9999" (assume visibility) in the Metar for FACT although it looked a bit hazy ( probably the AS Fog layer)TAF is not enabledAfter a few minutes the closest reporting station changed to FALW also with 9999 in the metar and then "BOOM" - sudden lower visibility..... there was nothing smooth at all about it !!!!! I was flying at about 4000ft or just under and i wasn't climbing or descendingThis just isn't what your product says it does on the tin - i kind of feel disappointed now - are the change in weather and visibility from one reporting station to the next not suppose to be GRADUAL, or am i mising something, especially if the weather reported is almost the same ?Sometimes things work OK - other times it doesn't, so it's just too inconsistant.Guess i got excited over nothing :(Dunno what to do next !Bye

Hi,Please post your AS2004.ini. Then try running defaults. Any change? How about if you disable auto global write toggle and global writes? If you are able to reproduce this with a certain wx file (you can save your current wx) and flightplan I'd be happy to investigate. You may have uncovered a bug or maybe something else is wrong. Would be happy to get it sorted out for you. Feel free to email me directly at damianc@hifisim.com.. some screenshots could help too. Thank you!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Fjorko

Hi DamienIt's nothing personal...I'm sure you guys are trying your best to help us out. It's just frustrating if things work OK in one flight and on the next flight it's the oppositeI will try defaults next timeINI file ://AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE